No announcement yet.

Pacers-Pistons Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That article is wrong, Artest is suspended for the season(73 games).

Stephen Jackson got 30 games.

Jermaine ONeal got 25 games.

Ben Wallace got 6 games.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      That article is wrong, Artest is suspended for the season(73 games).

Stephen Jackson got 30 games.

Jermaine ONeal got 25 games.

Ben Wallace got 6 games.

ACK!
      whats your source?

just asking is all

Gramps
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

DAMN!

Talk about coming down hard.

edit - GT, it's on www.CNN.com, there's a link.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

whats your source?

just asking is all

Gramps
          NFL Today has interupted games twice today to mention it.

But here's a link:

Suspensions for Brawl

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Thanks..I got mine from CNN but the Sports Illustrated link when it appeared..

Thats why I link because sources often change..

Gramps

Comment

suspended for remainder of season

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

NFL Today has interupted games twice today to mention it.

But here's a link:

Suspensions for Brawl

ACK!
                thanks

i applaud this and hope the legal system come back as well
                When I was in the Military in the 1970's we had what was referred to as "Double Jeopardy" both the civilian authorities as well as military authorities got a piece of yo @r$e..

Comment

David Stern got it right, bless his heart.

The only thing I would have added would have been clearing out the stands the next time the Pistons and Pacers play at the Palace.

Though I am wondering about the four one-game suspensions handed out... for what, exactly?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

And, it should be noted:

All suspensions without pay.

That is a lot of money. I think the players' forfeited salaries should be donated to anti-violence charities in the Detroit and Indianapolis areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      And, it should be noted:

That is a lot of money. I think the players' forfeited salaries should be donated to anti-violence charities in the Detroit and Indianapolis areas.

Comment

Though I am wondering about the four one-game suspensions handed out... for what, exactly?
                        If any player comes off of the bench duing a fight, they are automatically suspended. I think this rule went into effect after that large Suns/Knicks brawl several years ago. I'm assuming that this is why the other players were suspended.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Yes, you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            And, it should be noted:

Yes, but these players are all so rich it's not likely any of their quality of life will suffer significantly. Artest will get more time to work on his rap.

Think about this, if one of you were to assault a coworker, would you get suspended for a few months? How about if you were to assault a customer? You would be fired.

But because these jerks are athletes, they get treated to a special standard above the rest of us. In the end this doesn't mean that much. What we need to see here is prosecution of the athletes.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                              Yes, but these players are all so rich it's not likely any of their quality of life will suffer significantly. Artest will get more time to work on his rap.

Well, if stereotypes hold true in these cases, which they may or may not, the guys suspended might not have a net in place. Especially in the case of Artest who is still quite young and has a number of years left in his career to build a retirement fund. Maybe he can borrow against his future earnings, I guess, but the mortage still has to get paid, eh?

And I imagine Artest's rap album is primarily self financed, as is his production career...

Comment

Artest is going to find it harder to promote his friend's rap album without his salary to put into it .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X