Arafat Dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice change of title .

This thread must break a record for number of titles .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Recquiesat in Pacem
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• RIP... without President Arafat, no one would have heard about the Palestinians. Perhaps they'd be as well known as the Sudanese or Nigerian problem without terror. Not like many others can claim moral high ground on that... for instance some American founding fathers were terrorists (what do you think tar and feathering is?)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• who's going to be leading the palestinians now?
          B♭3

Comment

• If he really is dead this time, it's probably one of the better things to have happened to the Palestinians in the last 40 years.

But try telling them that.

Comment

• Theoretically, Abbas will take over the PLO and Qurei will take over the PA. Practically, the situation is ripe for civil war.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

• About time that ****er died.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• If state leaders had just a little sense of morbid payback to them, they'd all be issuing strong condemnations of his death.

Comment

• You know more then anything else I will remember Arafat as the bastard who supported Saddam in the first gulf war. I remember Arafat calling upon Saddam to arm his scud missiles with chemical weapons and the Israelis declaring that if the Iraqs used chemical weapons then they'd nuke Baghdad. I seem to recall British Prime Minister John Major making a similiar statement about how the UK would nuke Iraq if Saddam used NCB weapons against its soldiers.

Arafat was never very good at picking the winning side. He tried a coup d'estate in Jordan which failed, he tried another in Lebonon whith also failed, he repeatedly refused to sign any peace agreement with Israel dispite getting almost everything he wanted, and most of all he failed to realize how his support of terrorism alienated the world from the Palestian cause. I have no idea how anyone could support this man after the Munich Massacre.

Arafat is dead and not a second to soon; maybe now we can have peace in the middle east.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
                      who's going to be leading the palestinians now?
                      Write In Muhammed278 For President.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• he repeatedly refused to sign any peace agreement with Israel dispite getting almost everything he wanted,

Oslo Accords?

and most of all he failed to realize how his support of terrorism alienated the world from the Palestian cause.

Without terrorism the rest of the world wouldn't know about a Palestinian cause.

Comment

• Reporter: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this interview with Arafat what I met with not half an hour ago in this very hospital.

Palestinian Official: Oh yes, the, uh, the ...What's,uh...What's wrong with him?

Reporter: I'll tell you what's wrong with him, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with him!

Palestinian Official: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Reporter: Look, matey, I know a dead Arafat when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Palestinian Official: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable man, this Palestinian Chairman, idn'he, ay? Beautiful head scarf!

Reporter: The head scarf don't enter into it. He’s stone dead.

Palestinian Official: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Reporter: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the bed) 'Ello, Mister Yassar Arafat! I've got a lovely fresh stack of bills for you if you show...

(Palestinian Official hits the bed)

Palestinian Official: There, he moved!

Reporter: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the bed!

Palestinian Official: I never!!

Reporter: Yes, you did!

Palestinian Official: I never, never did anything...

Reporter: (yelling and hitting the bed repeatedly) 'ELLO YASSAR!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes Arafat out of the bed and thumps his head on the EKG. Throws him out of the bed and watches him slump to the floor.)

Reporter: Now that's what I call a dead Arafat.

Palestinian Official: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

Reporter: STUNNED?!?

Palestinian Official: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! World leaders stun easily, major.

Reporter: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That Arafat is definitely deceased, and when I met with him not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that his total lack of movement was due to him bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged speech.

Palestinian Official: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for Jerusalem.

Reporter: PININ' for JERUSALEM?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got started the interview?

Palestinian Official: World leaders prefers keepin' on their backs! Remarkable leader, id'nhe, squire? Lovely head scarf!

Reporter: Look, I took the liberty of examining that Arafat when I got him alone, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting up in his bed in the first place was that he had been STRAPED there.

(pause)

Palestinian Official: Well, o'course he was straped there! If I hadn't straped that man down, he would sneaked up to the door, and
                          VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Reporter: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this man wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through him! 'E's bleedin' demised!

Palestinian Official: No no! 'E's pining!

Reporter: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This Arafat is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't straped 'im to the bed 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
                          bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-ARAFAT!!

(pause)

Palestinian Official: Well, I'd better replace him, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the door) Sorry squire, I've had a talk with the guys back at Ramallah, and uh, we're right out of leaders.

Reporter: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Palestinian Official: I got a slug.
                          (pause)

Reporter: Pray, does it talk?

Palestinian Official: Nnnnot really.

Reporter: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Stolen shamelessly from Monty Python.
                          Last edited by The Mad Monk; November 11, 2004, 02:03.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• He should try seeking out the owner's brother in Bolton.

Comment

Working...
                                X