No announcement yet.

Arafat Dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hip-hop community will never be the same without him... (middle picture)

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• Hmm. It seems the Israeli military has gone to high alert and the borders are being fortified. I suppose it's just prudence on their part, but Arafat's death really does open a window of opportunity. For both sides. Let's just hope there's not a repeat of 2000 this time around.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

• gotta love the title changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
          gotta love the title changes
          Trumped my seperate thread on his death. How rude!
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• @ The Mad Monk
            CSPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Arafat is dead and not a second to soon; maybe now we can have peace in the middle east.
              There will never be peace in the middle east, never never never. The quest for peace in the middle east is a false goal created by satanic monsters...............

Arafats death has nothing to do with getting peace in the middle east.
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cookie Monster
                The quest for peace in the middle east is a false goal created by satanic monsters

Middle East peace is satanic? Guess that explains all of those pesky "holy" wars.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• I'm sorry, MM, but not really too funny in context.

A man died. He may have been a right rat bastard by my standards, but I'm not gonna celebrate a human being dying.

At the risk of being flamed, I think Bush had it right, God bless his soul.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• What a waste. He had his chance to lead his people to the promised land of an independent state, and he blew it away.

Despite his terrorist past, I think if he had accepted to the Camp David agreement he would have been remembered well. Instead, he sentenced his people and the people of Israel to more suffering with his rejection of the terms. History shall judge him harshly.
                    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                      A man died. He may have been a right rat bastard by my standards, but I'm not gonna celebrate a human being dying.
                      Sorry, I'm still mourning all of deaths he was (and will be) responsible for.

Comment

• Bush said "May God have mercy on his soul."

Last week, that is.

Comment

• China's Hu Jintao declares Arafat an "outstanding politician".

How bad is it in China that Arafat looks outstanding by comparison?

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                            I'm sorry, MM, but not really too funny in context.

At the risk of being flamed, I think Bush had it right, God bless his soul.
                            Don't be sorry, I knew it was on the edge when I posted it.

It's been bouncing around my head since this "is he or isn't he" tussle started, and I had to let it out.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                              Bush said "May God have mercy on his soul."

Last week, that is.
                              I started saying it myself after he started a civil war in Jordan in 1970. Can't remember the last time he was worthy of any kind of respect.

Comment

• Abu Amr

A sad end to a once great man...

Maybe if Rabin hadn't been assassinated things would have turned out differently, but as it was he stuck around way past his sell by date ultimately becoming a barrier to peace.

Now we just need his war crim buddy Sharon to join him and we might even see some progress...
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X