"Why I voted for Bush"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why I voted for Bush"

I went and voted early yesterday and submitted my ballot for Bush. I had considered voting for Badnarik, but couldn't bring myself to do it when the time came.

This whole election has been one of great turmoil for me. Several of my good friends are Democrats or leaning toward Kerry, including my wife. Nothing new. One very good friend said to me, "I find it bizarre that someone I like and respect so much as you, would vote for Bush." He's right. It is bizarre.

I completely support the majority of the Democrat's agenda; however, I do not necessarily support the methods for obtaining it. The idea that Republicans are against caring for people insults me. It's just not true.

I'm a rabid nationalist, but I completely support the forum of world opinion. However, I do not support forfeiting American economic & military power to appease the world. Why would I? To do so, I would have to believe others in the world would "play fair." Obviously, that is not true.

My decision came down to one of who makes me feel best about America. Between the two major candidates, it's Bush. Kerry does not.

This is hardwired, nothing Kerry can say could sway me.

Now, anyone of you can easily flame me and offer, ad naseum, comments on "this and that." And, I can easily reply with such comments.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Why bother posting and saying people can comment if you've admitted that NOTHING can sway your opinion?

As such I won't even go into your numerous misunderstandings about the world and Kerry.

-Drachasor
    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

What state are you in dojo?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Hopefully, not a swing state.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm a rabid nationalist
          Rabid goes without saying
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Drachasor
            Why bother posting and saying people can comment if you've admitted that NOTHING can sway your opinion?

As such I won't even go into your numerous misunderstandings about the world and Kerry.

-Drachasor
            Pot meet kettle.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
              Rabid goes without saying
              There is nothing wrong with being a Nationalist. I realize that the modern European leftist wants to try to pretend nationalism is bad but that is just because they're trying to push the EU on people and love for one's country gets in the way of that.

Comment

I still can't understand why someone would vote for Bush... but ok .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Woooh!

Comment

Bush == Professional marketing campaign and slick Hollywood-made sets

Voting based on how you feel about Bush is like buying detergent based on how you feel about Tide.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being a Nationalist

I realize that the modern European leftist wants to try to pretend nationalism is bad but that is just because they're trying to push the EU on people and love for one's country gets in the way of that.
                      I'm as anti-EU on the rest of them. I just happen to think that nationalism and patriotism are the signs of a pathological and absurd form of idiocy and intellectual stupidity .
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                        Pot meet kettle.
                        My opinion can and does change on issues.

As far as Bush goes, I merely don't expect to ever see anything that will change it (it would take quite a lot at this point). That doesn't mean it can't change though, only that it probably won't.

-Drachasor
                        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

And what's wrong with the EU?

-Drachasor

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                            I'm as anti-EU on the rest of them. I just happen to think that nationalism and patriotism are the signs of a pathological and absurd form of idiocy and intellectual stupidity .
                            Then please take a Political Science class and learn the difference between facism and nationalism. Once you have become educated we can talk again.

Comment

Its a nationalistic organization designed to thwart US nationalism.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X