No announcement yet.

I have changed my position on gun control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first-hand experience pwns your book learning.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
      I see. So the lower classes wouldn't be allowed guns?
      Indeed They're little more than peasants or slaves anyway, I don't understand why society wastes its resources on a group of criminals and potential-criminals. Most of them are ugly as **** anyway, it wouldn't hurt the gene pool if they're forbidden to breed, or at least controlled breeding.

We do that with zoo animals, why make the distinction here? They're of the same use pretty much the same worth so lets not get caught up in the human genome... they don't qualify as human. Makes more sense to lock them up as soon as they develop an aptitude for reading at the age of a seven year old and spray-can manipulation and take advantage of their menial skills from inside.... where they're not going to threaten the rest of us. Obviously those few that have potential should be treated fine butw hy give the rest of them rights and freedoms whose names they can barely spell?

Someone who doesn't report crimes shouldn't be allowed to have a weapon. Surely that's fair? Otherwise, you're simply encouraging vigilantiism.
      Is that the same logic that says that those who don't vote aren't allowed a political opinion?

Seems that vigilantism is pretty much the only solution to this. You're perfectly free to kick a dog to death if it attacks you after all.

I gotta say those maces look rather entertaining
      Last edited by Whaleboy; October 26, 2004, 08:07.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Don't hit too hard though as you might need some time freeing the implement from the chav's skull, during which his buddies can try and run away.

Comment

• sorry to hear about what happend whaleboy.

but there's no need to become an unbelievable snob
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• actually i was in town yesterday and i saw this young couple (about 17, maybe 18) with his and hers burberry caps on, bloody love swansea
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• but there's no need to become an unbelievable snob
              I think it's very believable

As for that couple, if I ever come into a position of power they'd better be infertile.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Sorry to hear of your experience.

This is going to sound pretty limp, but from a purely pratical level maybe just try not walking through any 'ghettos' again? Take the longer scenic route/get a bus/cab etc?

We are stuck in the middle in the uk it seems, especialy if your a normal non-thug person going about their buisness.
                The police are moslty useless unless on the spot at the time. They will waste your time and on top of that you may well get charged for GBH - i really dont understand the stand our law takes in situations like this Maybe the judge could overturn it, but that is a thin hope and a lot of grief/hassle to go through just for the sake of some punk kids.

I think you did the right thing - smack a couple of them around abit, atleast they came of worse(it sounds). And you just know in that situation that they wont be going to the police! And maybe they will think twice next time?

Anger is understandable, but weapons even though being nice and gratifying to think about, cause all sorts of legal problems.
                Still its a growing problem we will have to address soon as our country seems to be going to the dogs, in that the people that should be getting all the grief(the street thugs) seem to have things stacked in thier favour.

They've got all the illegal weapons already and are not worried about using them as they can get away with it much of the time.

We need to make the reporting of crime much easier, much less trouble and change the feeling that the person who reports the crime often ends up feeling like the criminal after seeing the police, with all the questions and statements and suspicions that come the victims way.

So for those with the physical capability just train yourself to cause pain in very efficient and quick ways, with your bare hands - and maybe learn to run fast too?
                For those less able your really going to have to wait untill the government comes down really hard on these deliqents and the message gets out loud and clear that their behaviour will not be tolorated in our society.

I think there are some news laws being looked at to tackle in particular this kind of thing, and definately there are more police walking around in London, which does feel better. So we may get this right soon i hope?
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                X