Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why 911 happend. Documentary on UK tv last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly, no. I am far, far more worried about the growing influence of a death cult over the Republicans, othewise know as premillenial dispensationalists. They can't wait for Armeggadon and are willing to bring it about. What's a little war of occupation compared to these people with their finger on the button?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
      He's not listening to you people in any meaningful way that I can see. Why do you insist on beating your head against an obvious brick wall.
      well i'm trying to get my head around the horror that appears to be rearing its ugly head under a fairly un-concerned pro-republican reaction.
      I actualy want one of you to set my mind at ease and give me some proof that things are not as bad as they now seem to me(and others)........please

And at Che re your last post - what is it with the republican party and its attraction to 'death worshipers' (i guess they and the Neo-cons could have something in common )????

dont let the republicans get into power again, at least not until you all give them a make over or something.
      Last edited by child of Thor; October 25, 2004, 11:07.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The neo-cons and the PDs have an alliance of convenience around Israel. NCs tend to be Jewish (but aren't always), and strong supporters of Israel. Israel figures strongly in the PDs apocalypse myths, so they feel a need to protect it until the Lord calls them home.

As far as I'm concerned, the neo-con ideology is actually one of the better pro-capitalist ideologies running around. At least they're pro-democracy and willing to try and change the world for the better.

The simple fact is, the NCs don't have total control over American foriegn policy and have to make deals with the RealPolitik people who've run our foreign policy since the late '30s. This is why we still have a working relationship with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, despite the fact that "rogue" elements in both governments are responsible for the 9/11 attacks in part. At best, the NCs provided some ideological cover for the people who wanted to go into Iraq for other reasons.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Surprisingly, no. I am far, far more worried about the growing influence of a death cult over the Republicans, othewise know as premillenial dispensationalists. They can't wait for Armeggadon and are willing to bring it about. What's a little war of occupation compared to these people with their finger on the button?
          Please tell me you're in one of those Amsterdam coffeshops with internet access
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

@Che :

ok thanks for taking time to at least explain to me some of the inner background of what makes the american political system tick

And i just hope you can appriciate my concerns over the things i've expressed in this thread so far, and dont just dismiss it because you might not like what i'm saying.

As the next two instalments of the documentary come out, i'll be offering more write ups on what its saying. I am not someone who likes propaganda for the sake of it, and if the documentary starts to smell like it has its own hidden agenda i will say so.
            But from the first one it was really just exploring the rise of two ideologies that explain where we are now. It didnt seem too bad on the propaganda front, thats what has gotten me all political on a site i usualy come to to discus games.

Still i need the issues over freedom of the individual, true democracy and not spreading wars to take over the world addressed, before i can feel satisfied that a real injustice isnt going on in america as we type
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

At best, the NCs provided some ideological cover for the people who wanted to go into Iraq for other reasons.

Yep, after all the reason for the Iraq war died, you had the neo-con reason of getting rid of a brutal dictator and bringing democracy to Iraq (the only reason I did and still do support the war) as a fall back.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                Please tell me you're in one of those Amsterdam coffeshops with internet access
                You know, people love to laugh at our insane right-wing Christians when they do stuff like ban evolution from schools. But as soon as you point out these people are looking forward to the destruction of the world, all of a sudden you're a hippie.

Comment

"To live in fear is to be a slave".

"Fear is the mindkiller".

Bear these in mind and you don't need a Brit documentary to tell you what's going on.

Personally I refer to news programmes as either "Happy Hour" or "The Dead and Alive Show".
                  Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I just have serious difficulty believing it, Che. Because it's so insane. My brain can't handle it.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• It's not like it's a secret conspiracy or anything, Arrian. They are quite open with their beliefs. If you want to know what these people believe, all you have to do is follow the New York Times best seller list. I assume you've heard of the Left Behind series? While the series itself is fictional, it is a novalization of the beliefs of a rather large segment of American Christianity.

Interestingly, their core beliefs have no sanction in the bible, but rather come from the prophecies of a Scottish preacher in the 1830s.

These are the Americans the whole world should fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        If neo-conservatism favours democracy, this trait is certainly not backed by neo-cons in action.

I didn't realize that Bill Kristol was elected President . Many neo-cons were trying to persuade Bush (who isn't really a neo-con) to take out Saddam from before 9/11. It wasn't for the oil (that's interest based politics), but to take out a brutal dictator.
                        If they did that for a humanitarian cause, my question is (you probably knew this was coming) why didn't they go fix various countries that require fixing more desperately, such as Congo, Somalia, Ethiopia, etc?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Education by wikipedia Building a better communist for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger If they did that for a humanitarian cause, my question is (you probably knew this was coming) why didn't they go fix various countries that require fixing more desperately, such as Congo, Somalia, Ethiopia, etc?
                            Because the administration is dominated by realist thinkers and you need to appeal to them as well.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by MalevolentLight
                              Education by wikipedia Building a better communist for tomorrow.
                              Considering you're an atheist, you might want to consider paying attention. The people trying to take over the GOP have as little use for you as they do for me.

Comment

• Don't put me in the same group as you. Last I checked when Republicans reach out to voters they don't ask if they're Christians or not. Typical tactic of liberals is to appeal to people's irrational fears, but it doesn't work on the educated. It's why Demoncrats go into urban, low income areas and recruit people to vote because all they hear is "The racist republicans want to kill black people" and they don't know any better. In reality it's the Democrats who are racist. http://www.stentorian.com/politics/plantatn.html

Comment

Working...
                                X