No announcement yet.

"We're not last! We're not last! We're not last!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its more like a scale of education quality, which class size has much to do with.
    Not true. Tell me how many colleges do not use the uber large auditorium scale classroomes, from any region.

The main factor in education of any type, in my experiance (which is of course biased) is motivation and your willingness to listen. Both independant of class size and alot of other variables.

Who cares what the class size is if you parents are ass clowns who didn't teach you to pay attention.

Out of interest, does the original poster have any comparisons of state colleges, where such misnomer variables are irrelevant (hint, some states have a much larger in state attendance rate than others).
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Tell me how one gets more education in a classroom full of 25 screaming monkeys vs. 50 screaming monkeys?

Its easier for the teacher to zero in on students having troubles, its easier for the student (and the teacher) to concentrate on the lesson and on their work, and its generally easier to dispense knowledge when you have a smaller class.

Even if we assume they aren't all screaming and off doing their own thing, its still easier for knowledge to be dispensed and for people to be assisted in a smaller clasroom, especially if your the only teacher there.

Tell me how many colleges do not use the uber large auditorium scale classroomes, from any region.

Tell me, which group is likely to be more mature and pay attention to what the teacher is saying: Adolscent students or college students?
      Its been my experience that those who are in college tend to be more willing to listen and more motivated to complete the class as opposed to high school level students
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

so you are telling me college kids are mature?

Are you saying the movie Animal House is not an accurate reflection of college life?

Comment

I'm still gloating about Iowa being in the top ten.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            I'm still gloating about Iowa being in the top ten.
            see what good ole' conservative family values does for a state?

Comment

no -- but moderate liberalism, yes
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                so you are telling me college kids are mature?
                Than high school students? Of course.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

35! 35! 35!

Nevada = worse than ARKANSAS in education

ARKANSAS

Nevada
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Its been my experience that those who are in college tend to be more willing to listen and more motivated to complete the class as opposed to high school level students
                    HA, you must have gone to a very small or very elite college.

And of course you maturity judgement is based solely on those who actually showed up for class.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      I'd like to point out what's bad is best at being not good, and good is far away from that,
                      No what's bad is NOT best at being not good. What's worst is. What's bad is only good at being not good, not best.

Now being in the middle, that IS the best. Not good, not bad either. And THAT is the best.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

So Patro: How is it biased? Or is that just a statement you use for anything you disagree with that you can't back up?
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Now being in the middle, that IS the best. Not good, not bad either. And THAT is the best.

The nail that sticks out is the one that gets hammered down.
                          B♭3

Comment

And the guns only shoot the bird that sticks his head out.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

ted striker
                              honghu/snowflake
                              B♭3

Comment

Ted Striker has yet to make his appearance in this thread Cubed.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X