Pray for Vel... Plus update from Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get better Vel
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

get better vel, my thoughts are with you.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It is very shocking news and so very sad. I only recently bought the SMAC guide, even though I no longer have the game.

We were all looking forward to seeing what Vel would come up with.

Hope that things turn around very soon for him.

Comment

Jeez...
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Hang in there Vel. Hope you get better soon.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Hang in there
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Vel, I hope someday you get the chance to read this thread and see how many people like you...
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hex,

What's wrong with him? What damaged his Pancreas?

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

He is in my thoughts ...
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      Hex,

-Arrian
                      With losing hair and weight, it sounds like pancreatic cancer or something.

Get well...
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't suppose he knows an Indian girl called Faye with a shaman for a grandfather?
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The only, THE ONLY reason I stuck around this forum when I first found it was because I encountered some very helpful, polite and positive people. It's very important to a newbie and I still remember it. Vel is the embodiment of the best a poster can be.

I hope he gets well soon.

Comment

Best wishes Vel.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

With losing hair and weight, it sounds like pancreatic cancer or something.

Get well...
                              That's what I'm afraid of.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                                Hex,
                                -Arrian
                                I'm not sure of everything that is involved. A couple of weeks ago, we got the first post from Gil, who had gotten access to Vel's account info from Vel. Gil relayed to us that he was in the hospital with problems with his pancreas, and he said this was an issue that has bothered him in the past too. Gil said that it was nothing to worry about.

But then we got the post today. This sounds really bad. I really wrestled with posting this mainly because I wanted to respect Vel's (implied) desire not to have people worry about him. But Gil had gone ahead and posted the info - and Vel's impact on Apolyton is so much greater than just Candle'bre.

This site is his family too, and deep down, I think Vel would be greatly encouraged that so many people are thinking and praying for him during what may very well be a life-or-death crisis for him.
                                Last edited by hexagonian; October 19, 2004, 14:29.
                                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                                X