Welcome to John Howard's Redneck Wonderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    Geez, dude. Who pissed in your cornflakes? From what I've been told, US-related issues weren't predominate in this election (it's Australia, not the US, after all).
    Regarding the original post and the general implication that the OZ gov't is a US puppet.

I wasn't made though...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie

Here's a little tip: if you don't know the answer to a question, don't attempt to answer it, no matter how witty you might think you're being.
      Only if you swear to adhear to the same rules
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Che you'd probably love it in NZ, our govt's reasonably liberal. Reasonably. Our elections are next year.

The result in Aus doesn't surprise me.

And Lord Azreal, That's one hot girl in your avatar. The rest of the pic

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          * chegitz guevara crosses Oz off possible places for being an ex-pat for the next few years.
          man, you talk and talk. When are you making the move? You and Sava can share a flat

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
            man, you talk and talk. When are you making the move? You and Sava can share a flat
            Dude, it has nothin' to do with Bush. I just wanna see the world and try something different.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Dude, it has nothin' to do with Bush. I just wanna see the world and try something different.
              I'm teasen man.

Comment

And I'm hungry. I've already had a salad, 1.5 pork chops, and two brownies. I'm about ready to open a package of mashed potatoes.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What do they do to people who don't vote?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

People would throw a hissy fit if there was mandatory voting in America. Why, they'd come out in droves to do what they could to get a constitutional ban on mandatory voting. *cough*

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      What do they do to people who don't vote?
                      If you didn't vote and can't come up with a good excuse then you get fined $20. If you challenge this in court and lose the fine is upped to $50 + court costs.

...and you don't actually have to actually vote anyway - all you need to do is to turn up to a polling station and get your name crossed off the list. As AH's post clearly illustrates, no-one actually forces you to do anything productive with your ballet papers.
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

And I'm hungry. I've already had a salad, 1.5 pork chops, and two brownies. I'm about ready to open a package of mashed potatoes.
                        Dude, you're on a budget.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Case

...and you don't actually have to actually vote anyway - all you need to do is to turn up to a polling station and get your name crossed off the list.
                          Case is right - the requirement is to attend a polling place.

Most people do vote though - 100 spoiled or blank ballots over 4000 is much less than 1% not voting - and some obviously tried but messed it up.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Oz sucks. Can't we pay Indonesia to annex the place?
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                              And Lord Azreal, That's one hot girl in your avatar. The rest of the pic
                              I've never been completely sure it wasn't a guy with a kinda girlish face and long hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I've never been completely sure it wasn't a guy with a kinda girlish face and long hair.
                                You're kidding, right?

"Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X