Welcome to John Howard's Redneck Wonderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to John Howard's Redneck Wonderland

It looks like a lot of university students won't be able to afford to go to uni with the rise in HECS staying. It looks like our miniscule, inconsequential number of troops in Iraq will be staying put. It looks like refugees will still be treated like terrorists, or dogs. It looks like it's still un-Australian to be un-American. And it looks like Howard got away with his deliberate misleading of the people for another three years (I do admit however that misleading the public is an art to politicians. Though in this, Howard is the Da Vinci of deception).

Nevertheless, I don't see any point in getting worked up about it. It's over. The tribe has spoken, or whatever. It still scares me that people can vote for someone like that, but it's happened, and probably couldn't happen any other way given the state of this country, and the rest of the world and the fact that Mark Latham hasn't lead the Labour Party long enough to earn complete voter confidence.

Well America, you can count on the unwavering support of this country's government in the next country you decide to 'liberate'. :
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wait, I just saw on Yahoo!'s AP article that only 32% of the vote has been counted. How can he be declared a winner already unless they're looking at some misplaced Florida ballots...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The report you read must have been out of date. I just looked at Yahoo and it's reporting Howard's victory.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The difference of a few seconds... *shrugs shoulders*

Ce la vie.

Comment

I'm leaving the country.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Where to?

Comment

I wish I could leave the country. I still have my overpriced university course to get through first.

Comment

LordAzreal, well FU too.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Poor buggers
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You were having an election?

Why didn't you say so?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Elections are terribly expensive. Is this Howards third term?

Comment

It is his fourth term.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                            LordAzreal, well FU too.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How many terms is Howard allowed, and how many before he gets made honorary President-for-life?

Comment

Working...
                              X