Your Reactions to the Second Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
    at least they got those 21 stem lines... they could very easily have nothing. Bush is balancing both interests.

and am i the only apolytoner who will be voting for Bush? Are Slowwwhand and Lincoln still going to vote Bush?
    And did you just ignore when Kerry pointed out a lot of those lines are infested with rat cells making them very difficult to work with?

I thought Kerry had a stronger stance here. He pointed out that fertility clinics throw out a lot of embryos that could be used.

-Drachasor
    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• Yay, he didn't take away what was already available. Much.

The remaining lines aren't all that useful. They're better than nothing, but not that much.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• abortion is the only social issue that arises so much emotion nowadays, especially as controversy over gun control and the death penalty have died down a bit. that partial birth abortion woman also seemed fairly distraught.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by sprucemoose3311
          yes striker kerry said that,

I have the debate taped,

Kerry also said he would lower corporate taxes.
          Here's what I found:

Number two, John McCain and I have a proposal, jointly, for a commission that closes corporate giveaway loopholes. We've got $40 billion going to Bermuda. We've got all kinds of giveaways. We ought to be shutting those down.
          There is a tax loophole right now. If you're a company in St. Louis working, trying to make jobs here, there is actually an incentive for you to go away. You get more money, you keep more of your taxes by going abroad.

I'm going to shut that loophole, and I'm going to give the tax benefit to the companies that stay here in America to help make them more competitive.

Secondly, we're going to create a manufacturing jobs credit and a new jobs credit for people to be able to help hire and be more competitive here in America.
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
            and Kerry owned the drug import from Canada issue.

Bush really looked foolish there. Bringing up clinton did nothing for him.

Bush did a little better on the Iraq issue though. This is mainly because of Kerry's voting record with regards to Iraq. Kerry screwed himself with that.
            How many times does Kerry have to bring up the fact that Bush lied about how he was going to handle the situation?

Kerry does need to address the $87 billion votes though, since it is another Bush distortion. His vote for it was to keep discussing it in the Senate, since he thought it could be worked out. He should have mentioned that, but I think he did well on his vote against it; he wanted the bill to be fiscally responsible.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• don't forget. Bush pronounced Missouri correctly. He scores points on that alone.

Comment

abortion is the only social issue that arises so much emotion nowadays, especially as controversy over gun control and the death penalty have died down a bit. that partial birth abortion woman also seemed fairly distraught.
                I think Kerry gave as good an answer as you can get.

He said some abortions are bad, and others are sometimes necessary. He mentioned that he has to represent all Americans too.

True his first 2 minutes weren't great, but his follow-up 30 seconds really ironed his position out. I don't think you can do much better than that; he took the reasonable middle-ground and gave a great hypothetical example.

-Drachasor

Comment

• Originally posted by sprucemoose3311
                  yes striker kerry said that,

I have the debate taped,

Kerry also said he would lower corporate taxes.
                  Get the exact quote.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He said some abortions are bad, and others are sometimes necessary. He mentioned that he has to represent all Americans too.
                    i'm sure he broke the woman's heart when he subtly mentioned federal monies going to fund abortion (when he mentioned poor people).
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

i'm sure he broke the woman's heart when he subtly mentioned federal monies going to fund abortion (when he mentioned poor people).
                      how so? It's possible she has some personal story related to abortion. But we don't know what that is. It amazes me people are so personal about abortion.

I have never known anyone who has gotten one. Of course, I don't know a lot of people.

Comment

Yes, but he gave a good reason for doing that.

I thought he clearly mentioned it, and if there was any doubt it became clear with his 30-second segment.

He can't make someone like that happy. He can't make everyone happy. The most he can hope for is to make some people happy and other people to respect and understand his positions. In that I think he did the best he could.

-Drachasor

Comment

• her question was about federal monies going to fund abortions... kerry subtly said yes, money would go to fund abortions, but didn't say it downright.

Comment

• Drachosor:

there's a difference between keeping abortion legal and (what was the woman's question...) forcing tax payers to pay for it.

Comment

• My biggest question was I thought the people in the room were suppose to be undecided voters. They certainly didn't act like it.

Why is Albert calling her a woman? Girl is the proper term. Woman is prudish, unnaproachable, and much too mature.
                              Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Drachosor:

there's a difference between keeping abortion legal and (what was the woman's question...) forcing tax payers to pay for it.
                                I support tax payers paying for it for poor people or in cases of rape. It saves the goverment more money on welfare or other support for these poor people with families. I'm against large goverments of course, but this saves money in the long run in many cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X