Religion test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albert Speer
    sikhism aint an offshoot of islam... bahai is, though, not sikhism...
    Sikhism has definite Islamic roots. Bahai is an offshoot of Twelever Shia.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      I was hoping to get satanist. because I think satan is pretty cool.
      The cardinal sin of satanism is stupidity, which I find pretty cool. No other belief system I've read or heard about preaches it's followers to NOT be stupid.
      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandar Reza

The cardinal sin of satanism is stupidity, which I find pretty cool. No other belief system I've read or heard about preaches it's followers to NOT be stupid.
        of course the funny thing is: most satanists are stupid. They are all sinners.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko

Bahai is an offshoot of Twelever Shia.
          Is that related to Shiite?
          Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
          "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

of course the funny thing is: most satanists are stupid. They are all sinners.
            Satan's a humanist. Have you watched the ending of Devil's Advocate? I think it's pretty cool. Makes you think, since only God can turn back time, how'd the Devil turn back the time? Is he and God one and the same? Are we all just a game He plays? Like the Sims?
            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Satan's a humanist. Have you watched the ending of Devil's Advocate? I think it's pretty cool. Makes you think, since only God can turn back time, how'd the Devil turn back the time? Is he and God one and the same? Are we all just a game He plays? Like the Sims?
              pretty cool movie. but then again. it's just a movie

Comment

yeah, but it does make me wonder why God would create the perfect Devil...
                Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
                  2. Liberal Quakers (92%)
                  3. Theravada Buddhism (88%)
                  4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)
                  5. Mahayana Buddhism (84%)
                  6. Neo-Pagan (83%)
                  7. New Age (82%)
                  8. Taoism (74%)
                  9. Secular Humanism (73%)
                  10. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (69%)
                  I rate this quiz as rubbish, the top 3 shouldn't even contain mention of "Jesus" or "The Bible".

I would have expected that the top 3 would contain Neo-Pagan and Buddhism, I guess Theravada Buddhism. My beliefs in rebirth and no supreme diety are very important.
                  Knock out 4 for being wrong on all counts, and 1 and 2 for being too generic and the results would be decent.

Comment

Devil's Advocate Keuno's lame but whoever that blond/redhead is damn.
                    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

The blond and the redhead: DAMN!!
                      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)

Well, whaddya know.

Comment

Is that related to Shiite?
                          Shia is the noun, Shiite is the verb.
                          The biggest forms of Shia are Twelver (mostly in Iran) and Ismaili (the old Fatamid religion). They disagree on who many of the post-Ali Imams were. Baha'i are a break-off from Twelver Shia, while the Druze are a break-off from Ismaili Shia. Then there's wierd bits of Shia like the Alawis (which are pretty big in Syria and include the current President) which nobody knows much about since they're really good at keeping most everything about their religion secret.
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

So IOW both Bahai and Sikh are offshoots of Islam?
                            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

So IOW both Bahai and Sikh are offshoots of Islam?
                              Well the Sikhs have a lot of Hindu aspects (you get reincarnared again and again until God enlightens you). India used to be a real mix of Islam and Hinduism in India, there are old Hindu texts which treat Muhammad as pretty much a god and a lot of Hindu beliefs sweeped into Indian Islam. There were also a lot of Saints whose tombs were visited by both Muslims and Hindus. Things only got really differentiated under English rule (although the Nakshbendi Sufi order also did a lot). The Sikhs came from that environment of Muslim/Hindu syncretism and patched things together in a more workable order and gave things a new spin.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

How the hell could this test figure out I'm a Quake junkie?

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
                                2. Nontheist (96%)
                                3. Secular Humanism (96%)
                                4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (73%)
                                5. Liberal Quakers (71%)
                                6. Theravada Buddhism (63%)
                                7. Bahá'í Faith (47%)
                                8. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (47%)
                                9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (47%)
                                10. Jehovah's Witness (47%)
                                11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (31%)
                                12. Neo-Pagan (28%)
                                13. New Thought (15%)
                                14. Taoism (15%)
                                15. New Age (7%)
                                16. Eastern Orthodox (0%)
                                17. Hinduism (0%)
                                18. Islam (0%)
                                19. Jainism (0%)
                                20. Mahayana Buddhism (0%)
                                21. Orthodox Judaism (0%)
                                22. Orthodox Quaker (0%)
                                23. Reform Judaism (0%)
                                24. Roman Catholic (0%)
                                25. Scientology (0%)
                                26. Seventh Day Adventist (0%)
                                27. Sikhism (0%)
                                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X