No announcement yet.

Your Reactions to the First Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, someone on DU.com told me first yesterday.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Don't tell me I'm starting to think like the wack jobs over at DU. :shudder:
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• You should. The people are pretty funny over there. And it's an excellent news source. Better than freerepublic, since they don't pull that many threads on DU.
        justice is might

Comment

• I'm sure I'ld get banned within 1 day.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Well yeah, if you act in an overtly obvious manner... like Jag does.

Edit: At least I think it was Jag who mentioned he got himself banned pretty quickly over there...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• The Pro-Kerry spin doctors have been screaming their lungs at you and you have taken the bait.
              Actually I don't like either one of them

Go back and look to see if Bush broke his campain promises about attacking another country.

"I was honored to be flanked by Colin Powell and General Norman Schwartzkopf recently stood by me side and agreed with me. If we don't have a clear vision of the military, if we don't stop extending our troops all around the world and nation building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road, and I'm going to prevent that.

think we've got to be very careful when we commit our troops. The vice president and I have a disagreement about the use of troops. He believes in nation building. I would be very careful about using our troops as nation builders. I believe the role of the military is to fight and win war and therefore prevent war from happening in the first place. So I would take my responsibility seriously. "
              October 3, 2000
              The First Gore-Bush Presidential Debate

BUSH: That's hard to tell. I think that, you know, I would hope to be able to convince people I could handle the Iraqi situation better.
              MODERATOR: Saddam Hussein, you mean, get him out of there?

BUSH: I would like to, of course, and I presume this administration would as well. We don't know -- there are no inspectors now in Iraq, the coalition that was in place isn't as strong as it used to be. He is a danger. We don't want him fishing in troubled waters in the Middle East. And it's going to be hard, it's going to be important to rebuild that coalition to keep the pressure on him.
              October 11, 2000

The Second Gore-Bush Presidential Debate
              Last edited by Docfeelgood; October 5, 2004, 19:57.

Comment

Working...
              X