Your Reactions to the First Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Reactions to the First Debate

My positive viewpoint of Kerry is now more strongly reinforced after having watched and listened to the entire debate.

Shall we discuss?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I made the mistake of trying to follow the debate drinking contest, and so the repeated references to Kennedy ("a dead one") put me right over the top. I'm toasted.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I didn't watch it. So I have no reaction. I'm not voting for either candidate. So should I have watched it?

Comment

If you're not voting for either candidate, then why bother? Unless you're using it as an excuse to get drunk, that is.

Comment

Kerry came off alot stronger, together, determined, and comfortable than i expected. Bush was repetitive (not necessarily a bad thing) but didn't pounce on Kerry as much as he could have (i guess he didnt want to attack him).
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought Bush stayed on message and was forceful. He was a little too antsy at times.

Kerry got his shots in. He strayed into irrelevancies at times.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It looked to me like Bush got completely arse-raped. He said the exact same stupid thing over and over again, in response to each and every question. I especially loved his continual reiteration that it's hard work. And his justification: "I know the war in Iraq is hard-I sit and sign the orders!" Even the immediate polls said Kerry won by a substantial margin. My opinion was probably influenced by the proximity of my niece's "Curious George" book throughout the debate (look at the illustration of George in the jail cell; Bush got the EXACT SAME expression on his face every time Kerry spoke), but Bush didn't seem to fight so much as spit platitudes with no discernable basis in reality. It was freaking great.

And you should have posted a poll, MrFun.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I concur... In my mind, Kerry won this first debate.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I thought that Kerry won, but I was also planning on voting for him prior to watching the debate, so I figured, why bother even trying to pretend that I've got anything approaching an objective opinion? Might as well drink instead.

Comment

I think this thread will be folded into the other one.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Then I'll be left with the shame of having posted in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        It looked to me like Bush got completely arse-raped. He said the exact same stupid thing over and over again, in response to each and every question. I especially loved his continual reiteration that it's hard work. And his justification: "I know the war in Iraq is hard-I sit and sign the orders!" Even the immediate polls said Kerry won by a substantial margin. My opinion was probably influenced by the proximity of my niece's "Curious George" book throughout the debate (look at the illustration of George in the jail cell; Bush got the EXACT SAME expression on his face every time Kerry spoke), but Bush didn't seem to fight so much as spit platitudes with no discernable basis in reality. It was freaking great.

And you should have posted a poll, MrFun.
                        Yeah -- I got so expaserated at one point, that I was thinking, "Is Bush's two favorite words tonight, 'hard work'?"

Oh -- and please forgive me for not creating a poll. What will be my penance?

Comment

Kerry won, ultimately Bush will win the election because the ability to reason, form an argument, be intelligent, intellectual, informed and dynamic means nothing to a population who wants to keep the death penalty, can't get it up without a gun under their pillow and orders their children to worship the flag every morning in school. People are inevitably attracted to people on their level. And people are stupid.
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

damn are you an ignorant jackass, whaleboy
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                              I concur... In my mind, Kerry won this first debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X