The War on Poverty: The American Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War on Poverty: The American Way

Marx's claim that "All Capital is Dripping with Blood" is just as true today as it was in his day.

What happens to the poor when their rent goes up? Ah, maybe they can buy a mobile home, NOT?! Mobile home parks don't take older models anymore. They become homeless.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Ahh, OK.

Thought the admistrations deep cut to housing aid programs are hurting tens of thousands of people and will make multitudes homeless.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Efficiency and progress is ours once more
      Now that we have the Neutron bomb
      It's nice and quick and clean and gets things done
      Away with excess enemy
      But no less value to property
      No sense in war but perfect sense at home:

The sun beams down on a brand new day
      No more welfare tax to pay
      Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
      Jobless millions whisked away
      At last we have more room to play
      All systems go to kill the poor tonight

Gonna
      Kill kill kill kill Kill the poor:Tonight

Behold the sparkle of champagne
      The crime rate's gone
      Feel free again
      O' life's a dream with you, Miss Lily White
      Jane Fonda on the screen today
      Convinced the liberals it's okay
      So let's get dressed and dance away the night

While they:
      Kill kill kill kill Kill the poor:Tonight

What else can I say...welcome to modern society.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

This is a DanS Certified Fvcked Up Thread.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Dirty DanSing
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Obviously, you wage war on poverty by killing off the poor.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

It's the lyrics to a song
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  This is a DanS Certified Fvcked Up Thread.
                  Nice Try

Comment

Poverty - kill poor people
                    Starvation - kill and eat fat people
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                      Obviously, you wage war on poverty by killing off the poor.
                      That kind of war isn't for winning - only for killing - for there will always be poor in a capitalist system.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

for there will always be poor in a capitalist system.
                        Why? ( if we are talking ideals here)

Disclaimer-- nothing in the foregoing statement is an attempt to misrepresent kidicious
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Kid: does this thread mean you're likely to become homeless?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

That kind of war isn't for winning - only for killing - for there will always be poor in a capitalist system.
                            Whereas everyone but the party elite will be poor in a communist system.

If your rent goes up, you either earn more money or move someplace else or cut some other non-essential expenditure.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              Kid: does this thread mean you're likely to become homeless?
                              Not 'likely' yet, I don't think. I've been in danger of it for a while. California is a very bad place to be poor.

Comment

Working...
                              X