Bush up by 14 points!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon

Did you know immediately, by means of some special knowledge, that Pew was an arm of the Democrats?
    No, I just know that I don't know enough about them to regard them as highly as the other polls.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This might be a reason why undecideds aren't being swayed to Kerry's side...

Three-year-old Sophia Parlock cries while seated on the shoulders of her father, Phil Parlock, after having their Bush-Cheney sign torn up by Kerry-Edwards supporters on Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, at the Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va. Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards made a brief stop at the airport as he concluded his two-day bus tour to locations in West Virginia and Ohio.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Mindless hatred like this does nothing to win moderates over to your side.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        I think Kerry's more comfortable coming from behind though. It's not for nothing they call him the "Comeback Kid."
        I bet Daryn Kagan is more comfortable with Rush "coming from behind" as well, lest she glimpse something that makes her sick to her stomach.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I have changed my mind for personal reasons, I now hope Bush wins. I still really couldn't care, but if Kerry wins, something I need may not be attainable.

I've given up all hope for America and it's politics. I now fully understand the reality of the situation. It is a one party system, and that will never change.

--signing out
          Pentagenesis for Civ III
          Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Basically what all this polling is indicarting is that Kerry/Edwards may have to start spending money in states they thought were safely theirs. In Illinois most of the Kerry bumber stickers I see are left-overs from the primary. The only Kerry/Edwards ones I've seen are ones distributed by the labor unions. If they have to start actually spending money here, it going to be funds originaly ear-marked for battle-ground states that were closely won by Bush in 2000. The whole strategy of this election for the Democrats was to hold there own and flip enough close states to win.

If they can't hold the 2000 Gore states they may as well pack it in for the top of the ticket and funnel the money down to close congressional races where it may actually do some good.
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I don't know why any of the polling orgs are doing anything other than "Likely" voters. These are the numbers that reflect the probable outcome. With these numbers, it looks like Kerry has a large uphill climb.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Normally after conventions there is a 5 to 10% swing to a candidate just after their convention, this takes about a month to die down. From the results that I am seeing I would say that it will roll out roughly even in the end.

This one poll that appears to be hugely out of line with all the others must have just caught the wrong people on the wrong day, as can happen with all sampled polls.

the average result is more likely correct.

Comment

Polls and Election are two different things

I predict Kerry will win

Comment

The Kerry campaign has been horribly uneffective the last 1.5 months- they let the president define the race at the moment, and define Kerry-both of which are bad choices- and I do think his strategists still can't figure out how they have failed to pin a few obvious labels on Bush, such as "First since Hoover to lose jobs over 4 years"I mean, come on, that is so simple-yet they haven't done it.

Certainly the Gallup poll is an outlier- the president has poor approval numbers and high dislike numbers- but in essence the Kerry campaign has been pathetic.

A big question is what happens come the debates. If Bush does average (given that anything other than poor from him is lauded as some great achievement) and Kerry is unable to pound him, then Kerry is in real trouble. Kerry better get ready for those debates, cause they are his chance.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Opinion polls suck.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        - they let the president define the race at the moment, and define Kerry-both of which are bad choices- .
                        Kerry has been much more hurt by who he and the Democrats have defined the race, than by anything Bush's campaign has done. Kerry made Military service the biggest issue, not Bush. Kerry knew these swiftboat guys were out there, their leaders have been after him for over 30 years, long before Bush was candidate for anything.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                          Kerry has been much more hurt by who he and the Democrats have defined the race, than by anything Bush's campaign has done. Kerry made Military service the biggest issue, not Bush.

Yes, Kerry was naive to think the republicans would not do something as low as they did. Stupid him- but that did not define the ace-that hurt Kerry with undecideds. The repug convention defined the race again, with Bush as "war leader"
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                            Well isn't CNN just a front for Bush now? Gallup does their polls IIRC.

We the people have suspected their bias for some time now, but with the recent news that Daryn Kagan is waving her ass in the air for the vile Rush Limbaugh, our suspicions have been confirmed.
                            What is this "we the people" **** Your not apart of the we. your someone sitting on the sideline watching. Don't try to identify with we. Leave we alone. we are doing just fine thank you

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Yes, Kerry was naive to think the republicans would not do something as low as they did. Stupid him- but that did not define the ace-that hurt Kerry with undecideds. The repug convention defined the race again, with Bush as "war leader"
                              Are you really that partisian or is it an act? I mean do you really think Kerry is a great guy or something? I was just wondering cause you seem to think Kerry is somehow different from the standard politician. Oh and you don't have to be too condecending in your answer, I'm honestly curious.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                                I bet Daryn Kagan is more comfortable with Rush "coming from behind" as well, lest she glimpse something that makes her sick to her stomach.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X