Oh, dude.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, dude.

Do you think he needed to change his underwear after killing thirty people and creaming his pants, or do they supply tissues to the bombardiers?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

IIRC, people are killed in combat sometimes.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nice work.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Whats the problem?

A military person is told to complete a mission and does so well. Killing people is what a military is trained to do.

Whether you believe in violence or a particular war is another issue.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
          What's the problem?

A military person is told to complete a mission and does so well. Killing people is what a military is trained to do.
          It's just that some people try to pretend that isn't so. That soldiers are sombre proffesionals, who are reluctant to kill. That they don't get they're jollies from killing people.

And also that the brave american army consists of some jack-offs in a plane creaming their pants while they drop bombs on mobs of people miles below them.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

It's just that some people try to pretend that isn't so. That soldiers are sombre proffesionals, who are reluctant to kill. That they don't get they're jollies from killing people
            How does the presence of a film indicate that they get their jollies from this? It might help if you would give some context - was this on a site run by members to the Air force (not the Army, BTW, unless this was from a helicopter)?

BTW, Im want them to be concerned about the deaths of civilians. Im not sure I want them to be reluctant to kill terrorists.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

For all we know, the audio was dubbed by anti-war protestors...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Asher
                For all we know, the audio was dubbed by anti-war protestors... [/QUOTE

oh, was there audio? some of us keep the sound off on our PC's.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The audio is what's "controversial" about it -- they're clearly excited.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                    And also that the brave american army consists of some jack-offs in a plane creaming their pants while they drop bombs on mobs of people miles below them.
                    You're taking the "oh dude" comment a little far don't you think? To me, it was little different than if he said " wow' or " good drop".

As for being excited, I would imagine that anyone that faces combat feels a surge of adreniline. They are people not zombies. For all I know, their targets that day might have been known to have ambushed some American serviceman the day before.
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I actually just watched it again and it seemed like a very professional job and a direct hit on the individuals they were targetting. The only words that were not directly related to operations was the exclaimation "oh dude" after the bomb exploded right in hte middle of the targetted people.

I don't see the issue and find the idea that anyone was "creaming their jeans" to be tasteless. Some people died in that video.

Comment

I think the 'oh dude" was because one survived and the guy was either "oh dude": "you lucky SOB" or why run, you don't stand a chance and are going to die real soon anyway"

-
                        This isn't the worst I have seen though, I saw one a couple of months ago where a helicopter was fragging some clearly wounded/ half dead guy.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          Nice work.
                          You salute another American atrocity against civilians.

See how they run, see how they cluster, only an idiot would think those people are combatants. They are people fleeing a battle-torn city, they thought they'd seen a chance to get out of there. I don't despise the pilot, he is a 'soldier' doing his job... but there is no 'Nice Work' about this in my opinion. Easy enough to say from the comfort of your cozy sofa though.
                          Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Yeah, Channel 4 news had some people highlighting that very point - that the insurgents use cover in buildings and don't run around in plain view in large groups.
                            "You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye Who cheer when soldier lads march by, Sneak home and pray you'll never know The hell where youth and laughter go." -- Siegfried Sassoon, 'Suicide in the Trenches'
                            "What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by problem_child
                              They are people fleeing a battle-torn city, they thought they'd seen a chance to get out of there.
                              The arforce says they were runing directly toward a a group of marines who were engaging them when they were in the building, which was the intial target until the charged out.
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                              X