Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hugo Chavez really rock the righties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a thread!

This is precious- we should save it, just as an example of how delusional some people (Lets be clear, Fez and Ben) can sometimes act on this board.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Ooh hypocrisy, how I love thee!
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• You know, while I love your psychotic nature Drakie Poo, you are no longer even mildly ammusing. In many ways, you are far more noxious than Fez ever could be, for what he says is just simply flat out insane, and hence easy to laugh at. You on the other hand are simply obnoxious, so most of the time one can;t even get a good laugh out of it.

Oh, and to the mods, don't worry about any further flaming- this is all I have to say to Drakie Poo.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          I wish I could say I feel good having pwn3d Ben and Fez, but it's a hollow achievement.
          Like feeling hungry after eating Chinese takeaway.

The problem is they're both of a kind: long on assertions and presumptions (see: Obi Gyn and his polls, the 'leftist' newspaper, and so on) and short on facts.

Well, real facts that is, not 'Coulter' facts or 'oo pop a toony, we gots a loony!' facts.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I love your psychotic nature Drakie Poo

KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
              It has to do with political culture. May I recommend a book?

The Guide to the Perfect Latin American Idiot? an autobiography, Fez?
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                Originally posted by Giancarlo
                It has to do with political culture. May I recommend a book?

The Guide to the Perfect Latin American Idiot? an autobiography, Fez?
                Either that or something whose title describes Pedro Poopy Pants's assertions quite well:

Jorge Luis Borges's Ficciones/Fictions
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                  To say that a leader is loved by his people does not mean that he is loved by those who support him, but that those who disagree with him, also hold him in high esteem.
                  So if a minority of the public who are used to using violence to get their way historically decide they are willing to use violence to get their way now, that means that everyone hates Chavez?

Ben, you show little to no understanding of Latin American politics. Venezuela does not have a history of peaceful transfer of power. For almost it's entire history, Venezuelan power was transfered at the muzzle of a gun. Liberals (capitalists) and Conservatives (landowners) have been fighting civil wars against each other for nearly two hundred years. It's how they do things there.

The oppostion has already shown a willingness to use violence on numerous occassions, from the coup to attacks on pro-Chavez demostrations. Had there been no soldiers at the polling stations, it' is extremely likely that one side or the other would have tried to use violence to try and shut down the election. It happens all the friggan time in the 3rd World.

If you want to argue that something was amiss in the recent election, first you have to overcome the findings of the international observers, which you have utterly failed to do.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    the irony
                    You wish to explain which faulty sources I use?

Comment

• This thread has been totally Fezzed.

Comment

• Yes, but it's been fun.

Fez is that crazy chick you used to know but moved to the big city and bounces back into town just long enough to make your life a crazy fun hell, then disappears again.

Comment

• Chavez gets his marching orders from the Whitehouse.

Comment

• They tried that, but then the coup failed.

Comment

• @ thread
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Either that or something whose title describes Pedro Poopy Pants's assertions quite well:

Jorge Luis Borges's Ficciones/Fictions
                                I don't think insults are necessary. I get banned for even saying one insult, and you can say them and nothing happens?
                                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X