No announcement yet.

Republican National Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wasn't Saddam ever on the list of exporters of terrorism before 9/11? Or was he, and I just missed him with all the talk about Lybia, Syria, and Iran?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I think Iraq was on the list, just on a lower tier than Syria and Iran. They definitely should've been.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I don't want European support if I have to kiss up to get it.

I think this applies more for Europe. They don't want American support for whatever if they have to kiss up to Bush's policies in order to get it.

You have to look at this from Bush's POV, he's convinced this is a world war and too many people still aren't taking it seriously enough.

So we have to look at a deluded man's POV? The reason Europe isn't so into this is because they've been dealing with terrorism for years, so when there is a world wide 'war' on terrorism declared it's kind of silly to them. Of course it's just a war against Muslim terrorists. You don't see Bush sending troops to Basque areas in Spain or even warn the IRA to not try to that type of tactic again.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah.. I'm the forever complainer about Europe etc, and how it is sometimes wrongly accused, as it is not really one big place.. well it is, but the opinions are diverse, we got them all just like you, we have kmany countries, no common policies or deals etc.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• I don't know if it would matter to Europeans or even to US politicians, but the US really screwed the Iraqi people near the end of the first gulf war and fell asleep after our proxy war in Afghanistan. Even if there was no war on terrorism, removing Saddam and the Taliban tries to correct past wrongs.

Comment

• The reason Europe isn't so into this is because they've been dealing with terrorism for years, so when there is a world wide 'war' on terrorism declared it's kind of silly to them.
              No longer than the US. The European point of view is they can not be bothered doing something that acutally solves the problem. And Europe is a misnomer, becaues we really mean France and Germany. Even the troops that they have commited to Afgahnistan is pitiful, maybe a thousand each. They are fully capable of doing so much more, not even related to Iraq.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Us not removing Saddam was not our idea. We were playign the the multilateralism at that time and a decade after, still provided 90% of the funding and troops and got no where.

UN and major European powers have proved one thing in the last ten years, and that is they are either not willing or capable of doing anything relevent. Hell even 90% of the firepower in Kosovo was US, and that was IN EUROPE!!!
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• So we have to look at a deluded man's POV?
                  Yes, just as I want to look at the POV of Osama bin Laden. If you piss someone off it would be smart to find out how...

The reason Europe isn't so into this is because they've been dealing with terrorism for years, so when there is a world wide 'war' on terrorism declared it's kind of silly to them. Of course it's just a war against Muslim terrorists. You don't see Bush sending troops to Basque areas in Spain or even warn the IRA to not try to that type of tactic again.
                  Those aren't global threats, they are regional and the states representing those regions don't want US troops in their countries to suppress the resistance. If some European nations don't see this as a special threat that requires a swift and effective reaction, then I think they're the ones who are deluded.

Comment

• Aw hell, I don't know what to think, or I have too much to think. I'm in Kerry mode whenever deciding if I should climb down off the fence.

Comment

• For me, D1ck Cheney sealed the deal...

for me to vote for Kerry.

His speech was the most warmongering speech I have ever heard in my life. It made me angry.

This guy has a one track mind and has done nothing but promote war for his entire career. Alot of people give Regean bad marks for the activities in Central and South America.

Who was the guy pushing alot of that? Cheney.

Cheney.

He is the leader of this organsization and can only offer us two things:

1) Unilateralism
                      2) War

Great options.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Overall this was a weak convention.

The Republicans didn't address any of the criticisms that have been made of them, they just kept reciting the same old tired lines that they always do.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Overall this was a weak convention.

You're crazy, playa. Bush and Co. have this thing wrapped up. Running Kerry against these guys is like putting some punk off the street up against the Striker Warriors. Suicide...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Why you need Striker Warriors when you got SC.. well, either way, the punk is history.

Drake, why don't we make a bet... you're so sure for Bush victory.. if Kerry wins.. you will make 200 Supercitizen business cards and give them to people you don't know in the streets until you have ran out of the cards?
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• I'm not opposed to a bet, but I ain't making no business cards. What a pain in the ass...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Well if you don't do that, then how about streaking? You can choose to place and time, but it has to be over 100 meter run somewhere and back, and there has to be at least few strangers to see you do that.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X