No announcement yet.

Republican National Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I spent the last four evenings listening to every major speech at the RNC, and I can summarize the message of the convention in two sentences: Be afraid. Unless you elect George Bush, your grandchildren will not be safe from terrorism.
    ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

• The two messages.

RNC: fear
      DNC: hope

Hmmmm, think the Repugs might have blown it?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• THis is my problem also with the terrorism speech:

Basically.

Bush:"We have done a great job. We have brought freedom and liberty to people. We keep doing that, and people who hope for freedom will be heard. People in Iraq are free. People in A-stan are free. Women in A-stan are free".

Ok, got that. Now, what are you going to do about it? He said nothing. Meaning, he will keep going on like this.

kerry:"The war on terrorism can be handled better. The administration says they're doing the best that can be done, America is doing good and best. I say American can do better. I will double the size of spec ops, who make the decent kills of high value targets. I will also strengthen the coalition, to share the burden".

Now. The difference is, Kerry says WHAT he is going to do. Bush says, that Kerry is saying the coalition countries are a joke. He didn't say that. He said he can make a better coalition than Bush. Bush said, that Kerry doesn't really support the troops, denying and supporting for budgets and flip flopping. Kerry says Bush is the one who fights with too little men and doesn't give enough support to the troops.

Now, while these are under debate, the fact is, Bush is not promising anything about the future, or saying what will be done about the war ont errorism, yet he rides with this theme. Kerry actually says what he is goin gto do. Also, bush pretty much says this coalition is the mighty coalition, and isn't getting any bigger.

Your thoughts?
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara: Hmmmm, think the Repugs might have blown it?
          Yes, they probably have.

Early polling (ARG) indicates that Bush managed only to pull even with Kerry during the convention, 45% to 46%. And given that the incumbent loses 4 points on average between his convention and the election, Bush emerges from this convention in a rather weak position.
          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

• I'm conflicted.. I felt Kerry had an awesome speech, excellent. But then he kind of faded. He isn't beating the drums here. Bush started beating drums, did a great job at it. Now is his time to slamdunk, and IMO he fails miserably, basically not saying anything at all in a long speech. And now it's tied it seems like.

Well, whoever wins, it'll be tight and exciting to follow.

Arnold 2008!!!!
            He might even do good.

Or McCain I'd vote for that guy. I saw his speech. He impressed me. McCain, Why isn't he running?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• Best line - In response to Kerry's "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it" and his clarification "it's complicated", Bush said "Supporting our troops is not complicated".

Comment

• Berz, I felt that was also bad move. Is Bush supportiung the troops? It's not complicated, there are too few troops to be able to do their job. They need more support. It's not complicated.
                In da butt.

Comment

• I thought it was a devastating speech, Kerry got ripped apart. I think we'll see a big bump out of this.

Comment

• Yeah, but is he supposed to rip Kerry apart, or is he supposed to talk about the REAL issues, and what he will do when he gets re-elected, especially about the terrorism, since well.. it is his main theme? Devastating dodging of real issues I'd say.
                    In da butt.

Comment

• Berz, I felt that was also bad move. Is Bush supportiung the troops? It's not complicated, there are too few troops to be able to do their job. They need more support. It's not complicated.
                      And voting for the $87 billion before voting against it was one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard from a politician and that ain't no small feat.

Someone stick a fork in Kerry, he's done...

Comment

• DNC: We are boring, but we have great hair.
                        RNC: We actually care enough to use emotion.

Given normal apolyton to reality conversion factors, the at large public will love the RNC message.

Kerry's respose was pathetic. Ah, reform the tax code, thats a good idea. So good I will say the EXACT same thing in my "I am ****ting my pants" midnight rebuttal.

will double the size of spec ops, who make the decent kills of high value targets
                        Kerry says while Bush already has Of course your hero worship of SpecOps is unfounded. They get the "glamor" jobs while the real work of defending ground, humanitarian work, civil construction and the majority of combat fall to the paltry "regulars". Awesome troop support Pekka, not even Kerry is stupid enough to put it that way.

I will also strengthen the coalition, to share the burden
                        Good hair goes a long way, but not that far. Kerry's Iraq policy is NO different than Bush's, so unless the countries opposed to Iraq are just doing it out of semantics then he will have no more success.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Yeah, but is he supposed to rip Kerry apart, or is he supposed to talk about the REAL issues, and what he will do when he gets re-elected, especially about the terrorism, since well.. it is his main theme? Devastating dodging of real issues I'd say.
                          Sorry, but to alot of Americans, the war on terrorism is the REAL issue.

Comment

• Given normal apolyton to reality conversion factors, the at large public will love the RNC message.

Kerry's respose was pathetic. Ah, reform the tax code, thats a good idea. So good I will say the EXACT same thing in my "I am ****ting my pants" midnight rebuttal.
                            But he did hit back so there is still life I guess, but the Bushies like their meat rare.

Comment

• You know I get tired of telling you guys this, but the military is not to streched. We are using only 20% of our combat forces. The problem is we are fighting a war withough being on a war footing, and we can't utilize the rest without that realization.

We are fighting a major global war and the daily routine of the average American has not changed a bit. And Americans would rather it be that way.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Berz, oh don't be sorry. I said he didn't say how he will continue to fight it. Saying lot of words without content is not saying how he will do it.

Patrokolos, oh yeah, but the "regular" force of however big it is can't ever get the top players. That's just the way it is. Do you honestly see, that Bush shouldn't suck up and seek wider support? Do you honestly believe, that the war on terrorism is going as good as it can right now? I see a lot of things we should be attacking right now that are left to be.

"Good hair goes a long way, but not that far. Kerry's Iraq policy is NO different than Bush's, so unless the countries opposed to Iraq are just doing it out of semantics then he will have no more success."

BUsh can't handle European negotiators. Europeans don't like Bush and that's the problem. Because Rumsfeld has said things like Old Europe and New EUrope. Do you realize this is the biggest insult Europe has yet to get for maybe decades? While you think it's 'right on the button' and 'witty', most of us feel like it's them fighting words.

Now, Bush can't do top level diplomacy, that's just a fact. Can Kerry do it? No one knwos yet, but a lot of Europe has already gained interest to try talking to him. Why? Because while they like the US, they don't like Bush.

The fact is, Iraq is going into ****ters if there won't be a lot more troops ASAP. There won't be any democracy, and it will fall, unless there would be way more troops. TO do this, you need to a)send more troops or/and b) strengthen coalition.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X