Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Today's Republican Party Oppose Slavery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the Mountain Goats have already won, because the trolling has ceased.

Mountain goats 1
    Partisan Politics 0

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Partisan politics?

Am I Dem or Rep?

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The Mountain Goats quarrel not with you. They are here to fight the idiocy of two certain persons who will go unnamed. You are a perfectly decent and open-minded human being.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Oh, in that case, CARRY ON MOUNTAIN GOATS!!!!!

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The Mountain Goats will not continue unless they see more idiocy in this thread. And so far they have not.

Comment

Oh No! My troll designed to degenerate this thread into a stupid partisan bickerfest has been pwned by the Mountain Goats!
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Wow, Jaguar, I have to say good work

We'll miss you during your stay in Mingapulco

Comment

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

My insightful contribution to this thread:

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Wow, Jaguar, I have to say good work

We'll miss you during your stay in Mingapulco
                      I'll miss you all too.

Comment

Here is my take on the issue

The US became a 2 party political system very rapidly (like the 3rd 4th presidential election basicaly). Personaly I feel that was a bad move but I will leave that issue asside for the moment. The 2 parties have always been in diometric oposition two each other except for very rare cases of agreement which usualy equate to the mid point of a switching of opinion. Labels such as Republican, Democrate, Wig, Federalist ect ect have come and gone but a few qualities have always remained constant.

Formost among these is the NORTH SOUTH DICOTOMY. In other words their has always been a party of the North and a Party of the South call them what ever you like. Through 200 years of development the north and south have always been differentiated by the same key differences even as both evolve in the same directions (more north like). The South is more Rural, poorly educated, poorer in income and is more religious and bigoted. The north has consistently lead the way as the south plays catch up. The north and its party have pushed every liberal improvment in our way of life and the south has consistently oposed every one. The North always wins though and new idea is adopted in the south and rural areas just in time for some new social change to be fought over.

One could think of an alalogy in which a donkey pulls a cart (if the symbology aint obvious enough for you lets say theirs is an Elephant in the cart), the donkey seeks forward movment and pulls the cart mearly because it cant move without doing so (the democratic nature of the country means you cant hold power if your too far from the mainstream). The Cart seeks to stay at rest or even back slide a bit (the more radical the conservative the more the desired back sliding). As things progress locations relative the the "ground" change. Durring the Civil war Republicans belived strongly that slavery was wrong but you would not have found one who though that blacks were "equal" to whites, it would take more then a generation for that idea to be adopted by the north and ultimatly be forced upon the south (which were still working on).

The newest topic is that of Gays and their rights, this has in the last decade gone from an almost unspeakable topic to something near the tipping point, in a hundread years the current liberal position with be universaly accepted and people holding what is currently the "moderate" view will be the equivilant of Douglas (Lincons Democratic oponent who took the "moderate" view that slavery was bad but would naturaly go away on its own and was a states right anyway so the federal goverment shouldn't get involved).
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Fool! The thread had been killed!

Comment

If Bush said slavery was good, they would support it.

If Bush said slavery was bad, then they would oppose it.
                            Pentagenesis for Civ III
                            Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

At least it wasn't necessarily a stupid post. So the Mountain Goats will remain silent for now.

Comment

Because of course all Republicans mindlessly follow Bush, right? Like Imran and I?

xpost

Comment

Working...
                                X