No announcement yet.

World Cup of Hockey '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canada showed tonight how to play the game effectively-- They took a world class opponent and just owned them

I'm not saying that this means they will win it all but damn it was impressive
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Slovakia didn't win a single game in this tourney. But sure, impressive victory.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
        "Flubber, what the hell are you talking about ADDITIONAL DAY? 7 hour time difference, 8 hour flight. ADDITIONAL DAY?!?!?!?!? That's nowhere near being fair. .
        US played a day and 7 hours later. Finland could have been sitting in a hotel in the eastern time zone even before the US hit the ice-- Does it equal things out?-- hell if I know but there was an additional day of rest to compensate for the travel. These are NHLers that routinely do a 3 hour time difference with back to back games so if they can't adjust-- tough.

Originally posted by Pekka

Besides, Euro Group was tougher than North American. US was underperforming, Slovakia was not there at all, Russia was ok and Canada was good. Same can be said about our group, but hey, you make it sound like North American group is the Heavinly Hockey Angel Group.

I never said anything about the relative strength. I was just referencing that I would have enjoyed seeing Finland play over here against Russia, US and Canada given that you are fielding a strong team. But since you referenced the strengths of the pools, I would dispute strongly that the Euro group was stronger. The inclusion of Germany alone made things much easier.

So far we have two separate groups that have not played each other . .. the test is in the crossover and I really really respect the Czechs. Right from my first post I said they would be tough. I predict canada to take them but I also believe that the winner of that game, either way, will win the tournment.

Originally posted by Pekka
        ".. looks like a beating.

and that sir is what you are supposed to do-- play well and win convincingly. Watching the game, Canada just rolled them.

The balance of Canada's attack is scary particylarly now that Iginla, lemieux and sakic were clicking. Add in lecavilier looking great etc etc.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Slovakia didn't win a single game in this tourney. But sure, impressive victory.
          Same could be said of your win over the germans-- oh ya -- except for the impressive part

Comment

• "US played a day and 8 hours later. Finland could have been sitting in a hotel in the eastern time zone even before the US hit the ice-- Does it equal things out?-- hell if I know but there was an additional day of rest to compensate for the travel. "

Have you ever travelled? Do you know about jet lag? This is not even comparable. And 3 hour differences are WAY more doable than 7 hour. You just wont' recover from it in a day or two like that. It's a whole different animal.

And lecavalier is a *****.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Have you ever travelled? Do you know about jet lag? This is not even comparable. And 3 hour differences are WAY more doable than 7 hour. You just wont' recover from it in a day or two like that. It's a whole different animal.

And lecavalier is a *****.
              I have travelled quite a bit-- anough to know that you adjust far better to east to west ( getting a longer day) than west to east ( day is over before you are ready).

I just find it funny that you are preparing your excuses already . Have more faith! I'm expecting and hoping that Finland will play well.

Oh and whatever you think of Lecavalier ( I can think of several 5 letter descriptors), the guy can play. Even if you don't like someone you should be able to acknowledge that

Comment

• Yeah I know it's easier to go east to west. you're correct. Of course I'm preparing for excuses. If they seem to be otu of energy, I will believe this to be the main factor. If they lose but play with energy, then it's not a factor.
                In da butt.

Comment

• It's times like this that I hate living in Hong Kong. I can;t get any coverage of the games, not even Internet radio. It's so friggen frustrating. It's getting worse as the tourny progresses.

The Canada-Czech game should be a classic.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

• Serves you right because you are racist
                    In da butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
                      It's times like this that I hate living in Hong Kong. I can;t get any coverage of the games, not even Internet radio. It's so friggen frustrating. It's getting worse as the tourny progresses.

The Canada-Czech game should be a classic.

The hockey has actually been very very good. While there have been some trapping defenses, the offensive skills are so good and varied that there has been a reasonable amount of scoring even though these ar the best goalies around.

Against the slovaks three and arguably four of the Canadian goals would qualify as pretty where the goalkeeper actually had very little chance

Comment

Serves you right because you are racist
                        Just the type of response I would expect from a Finn. You're all evil!

Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                          Against the slovaks three and arguably four of the Canadian goals would qualify as pretty where the goalkeeper actually had very little chance
                          Lemieux - Sakic - Iginla: What a line. I'm getting friends to tape the games just so I can see them in action, even though I won't be able to watch the tapes until November.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

• Evil or not, US will be packing after friday.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Evil or not, US will be packing after friday.

But won't the Finns be packing too . . . to go to Toronto for the final or to head to their NHL or European club cities

Comment

• To Toronto of course. We be packing in there I mean. The oldies prolly go golfing or look at their grandkids.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X