Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...if Brown were to have broken his pitching hand before the game, do you think anyone would have noticed?

Schilling allowed 1 hit but 4 walks, which is uncharacteristic of him. And unless I'm reading the Gameday report wrong, Pedro Astacio got ejected three times...
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Ejections: Boston Red Sox pitcher Pedro Astacio by HP umpire Jim Wolf (8th); Boston Red Sox pitcher Pedro Astacio by HP umpire Jim Wolf (8th); New York Yankees pitcher Brad Halsey by 1B umpire Tim McClelland (8th); New York Yankees Manager Joe Torre by 1B umpire Tim McClelland (8th); Boston Red Sox pitcher Pedro Astacio by HP umpire Jim Wolf (8th); New York Yankees pitcher Brad Halsey by 1B umpire Tim McClelland (8th); New York Yankees Manager Joe Torre by 1B umpire Tim McClelland (8th).
      Someone must be asleep at the stat station.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• he allowed 4 walks because he didnt wanna lose his no hitter, so he pitched around the big three, then got stung by posada and then didnt care, so made beter pitches.

a no hitter woulda put him right back into cy young contention.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• heres to a twin sweep of the yanks.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• My prediction: Sox take 2 of 3. You've got Pedro and Shilling going in this series. Pedro's not gonna suck again. Shilling is en fuego. This leaves Wakefield, who we really should pound.

Of course, my logic on the last series (Yanks should win game 1, game 2 tossup, lose game 3) didn't exactly work out!

-Arrian
            Right on the # of games, wrong on which ones. Never woulda thought Pedro would lose again (not to mention cry about it ).

True, A-Rod was out at 3rd, but I think I can understand why the Ump missed it.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• i guess americas team will be facing either the twins or the angels. either way, its tougher than facing the As. playoffs start wednesday right?

Comment

• sox v angels - why we dont have homefield is weak.

Comment

• You are the WILDCARD... just be lucky you were even allowed to be in the playoffs. If it was up to me you wildcards would be on the outside looking in .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 'Stros

Even the MLB skewing results in the Cub's favor left and right can't save them. Losers.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• I've yet to see proof of this MLB skewing results in Cubs favor. Oh... is this the fabricated they-are-picking-on-us stuff that usually is directed at the Yankees? .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• You are the WILDCARD... just be lucky you were even allowed to be in the playoffs. If it was up to me you wildcards would be on the outside looking in
                        what does that mean? if it was up to you? if it was up to me, the yankees would be contracted.

Comment

• what does that mean?

That means suck it up your whiner . Under the old playoffs, you fellas would be gearing up to play golf. So you'll go on the road and you'll like it .

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            I've yet to see proof of this MLB skewing results in Cubs favor. Oh... is this the fabricated they-are-picking-on-us stuff that usually is directed at the Yankees? .
                            Kerry Wood gets 3 warnings...Roy Oswalt gets 0. Come on.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• How many 'warnings' does Roger Clemens get? Face it, it isn't the Cubs, it's the bigger names. If Clemens is an unheralded rookie, he gets tossed more than a few times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                You are the WILDCARD... just be lucky you were even allowed to be in the playoffs. If it was up to me you wildcards would be on the outside looking in .
                                Since you brought up the wild card... any ideas on how to replace it? If I had to replace it, I'd favor bringing back the two-division system and adding two teams to the AL. We'd be going by the pre-1993 alignments as closely as possible, of course, though a bit more sensical, i.e. none of this Atlanta in the NL West, Chicago in the NL East crap. Schedule would be 14 games against each divisional opponent, 8 against each team in the other division, for 14*7+8*8=98+64=162 games. No interleague play.

If we did that this year, the Cardinals would have run away with the NL West, the AL West would have been a four-team race, the NL East an easy Braves win, and the AL East would have had a nice two-team race.

Alternatively, KEEP the wild card, but the WC team only gets to play if it has a better record (tie-breaker based on head-to-head record, then on pythag) than the other two divisional champs. If it doesn't, the best team in the league gets a bye.
                                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X