Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe some people actually think the Red Sox are going to beat out the Yankees.

I mean, heaven knows I'm not the brightest light in the chandelier. But I ain't that dumb.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• in 1976, the red sox had a 14 game lead over the yanks in july - they lost it all, including the final six games of the season vs. the yanks. they then lost the one game playoff series on Bucky Dent's homer over the monster. this was known as the boston massacre. if boston had won just one of the final 6 games vs. the yanks, they woulda won the division.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
        I can't believe some people actually think the Red Sox are going to beat out the Yankees.

I mean, heaven knows I'm not the brightest light in the chandelier. But I ain't that dumb.
        Well...Boston is leading the series this year, 8-5. We're only back 2.5 game, and have another 6 to play against the Yanks, not to mention we're playing better and they're playing worse than earlier this year. It is conceivable.

But history is against the Sox...but then, isn't it always?
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• history is also against the yanks - no team has ever had an ERA higher than tampa bay and won the world series.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• and of course, scott boras needs to put his 2cents in. i bet he'll figure out a way to turn this around and get extra money from the yankees.

"Historically, injuries of this nature, in the heat of a performance situation, are part and parcel of a player's intensity and have occurred in the scope and course of employment for many athletes," said Brown's agent, Scott Boras.

Comment

• Kevin Brown:
              Scott Boras:
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Just saw an interesting stat.

Who leads the Major Leagues in Quality Starts?

Jeff Weaver . You think the Yankees wish they hadn't dealt him now?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• now on sale, NYY playing cards, special edition with 48 quality printed cards. these carefully crafted cards reflect this years New York Yankees Team, the winner of 26 World Championships, and contains no aces at all. Not only wil you cherish these souvenirs for years to come, they will remind you of the last night of the yankee dynasty.

Comment

• also included are 3 drama queens (listed alphabetically Arod, Jeter, Mussina) and one joker (el duque)

this deck is perfectly suited for a game of Yankee Poker - where everyone at the table has a limit except for one guy.

Comment

• Texas Fold'em
                      The Sox are all in
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

Well...Boston is leading the series this year, 8-5. We're only back 2.5 game, and have another 6 to play against the Yanks, not to mention we're playing better and they're playing worse than earlier this year. It is conceivable.

But history is against the Sox...but then, isn't it always?
                        You still need to beat the yanks 5 times.

If the games you play against other teams you both win and lose the same amount.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• that wont happen - the yankees are playing .500 baseball right now. we're playing .936 over the last 16 games.

Comment

• sox have a lite hitting lineup today. but the way we are rolling, we could mash out 10 hits and 7 runs with these guys.

Comment

• Hmmm. Any reason why Damon isn't starting?
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• sprained pinky.

Comment

Working...
                                X