No announcement yet.

Bush wasted 27 minutes, not 7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finishing the reading is OK... the picture thing is weird...

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
      Oh here's a recent quote that is more hilarious than just Bush bashing.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
      - George W. Bush, August 5th, 2004
      Everybody knows that what Bush meant is that we should not stop thinking about how terrorists may harm this country.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Yawn! This is of as much relevance as the factoid that Kerry sat for 45 minutes in a semi-comatose state when he was made aware of the attacks.

Completely meaningless.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You may not be aware of this Ogie, but Kerry wasn't the president at that time. We should all really count ourselves fortunate that Bush's response to September the 11th wasn't to go take another vacation.

Comment

Re: Bush wasted 27 minutes, not 7.

Originally posted by Kidicious
            Maybe this is old news, but after waiting 7 minutes reading stories after finding out that we were under attack Bush went outside and took photos for 20 minutes. I find it absolutely incredible.
            Bull****. Show me one photo of Bush after he left the classroom at approximately 9:12. This is too stupid for any further comment.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
              Everybody knows that what Bush meant is that we should not stop thinking about how terrorists may harm this country.
              Well, so that means thinking up ways to hurt the country, no? So Bush said exactly the truth.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                Well, so that means thinking up ways to hurt the country, no? So Bush said exactly the truth.
                If we are going to stop another 9-11, we have to know what kind of attack the terrorists may try. So, don't we have to learn to think like terrorists to stop terrorists?
                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                  If we are going to stop another 9-11, we have to know what kind of attack the terrorists may try. So, don't we have to learn to think like terrorists to stop terrorists?
                  Just admit the man can't speak and be done with it. This charade of an arguement won't go very far.

I do agree with him on one thing- he has been very successful at thinking up ways to hurt the country.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                    You may not be aware of this Ogie, but Kerry wasn't the president at that time. We should all really count ourselves fortunate that Bush's response to September the 11th wasn't to go take another vacation.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

So you admit that it's probably pretty stupid to compare the actions of the president in response to a terror attack to someone whose influence is about 5 times less the order of magnitude? Good.

Comment

Not necessarily, if that someone has a decent chance of being Prez when the next attack comes around.

Personally, I'm not positive what ol' Dubyah should have been doing instead. He couldn't very well order an attack on Afghanistan then and there, could he?
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                          So you admit that it's probably pretty stupid to compare the actions of the president in response to a terror attack to someone whose influence is about 5 times less the order of magnitude? Good.
                          I think I've been on record numerours times in the F911 about the ludricous attempts to make an issue out of a clearly meaningless factoid when there was little to nothing that was capable of being done in the that time frame, be it 7 or 27 minutes.

Were you to say he was derelict for a span of 2 or more hours during that time, there could be a point.

My point regarding Kerry is likewise to show/highlight the idiocy of the right making this a counterpoint.

This is a nonissue.

Comment

well said ogie
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                              I see. So he should have jumped up and said "What? What's going on? Put the TV on!"?

Or continue what he was doing, considering he's got a network of lackeys ready to bring him updates?
                              he should have gotten back in Air Force One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's the closest command center the president has. And has all the necessary communications equipment the president needs.

And don't tell me it wasn't safe. That was bull****. They could have moved the plane to another airport then (and have the chopper fly to the new airport) and noone would know which one it was supposed to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                                Bush is the captain of a very big ship. It takes a long time for any course correction to have an impact, and it is a waste of time to act without knowing exactly what you want to do. He waited for information and advice. You could not have done better without information learned after the fact, though you might have had enough political acumen to disallow any more filming while you waited.

On the other hand it didn't take very long before he toppled the Taliban in a landlocked country to which previously we had no access whatever. The Bush is a dick and there are hundreds of reasons to criticize him and his policies, but this criticism is absurd. But what do you expect from Michael Moore but inane propoganda which appeals to society's dimmer bulbs?
                                I didn't expect Bush to take any real action. But he should have gotten to a place with better communications so he can assess the situation. ie air force one.

Comment

Working...
                                X