Bush wasted 27 minutes, not 7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush wasted 27 minutes, not 7.

Maybe this is old news, but after waiting 7 minutes reading stories after finding out that we were under attack Bush went outside and took photos for 20 minutes. I find it absolutely incredible.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Well ****.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Oh here's a recent quote that is more hilarious than just Bush bashing.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
      - George W. Bush, August 5th, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        This is incredible. The man serves his country. It's wrong to attack him like this.

Comment

How exactly is one meant to react to news that a hijacked plane has been crashed into the WTC? Run around and scream for a bit? Find a phone booth to perform a quick costume change?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
            How exactly is one meant to react to news that a hijacked plane has been crashed into the WTC? Run around and scream for a bit? Find a phone booth to perform a quick costume change?
            ****. I even stopped what I was doing to find out what the **** was going on.

Comment

I see. So he should have jumped up and said "What? What's going on? Put the TV on!"?

Or continue what he was doing, considering he's got a network of lackeys ready to bring him updates?
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                I see. So he should have jumped up and said "What? What's going on? Put the TV on!"?

Or continue what he was doing, considering he's got a network of lackeys ready to bring him updates?
                A simple 'excuss me, I have some presidential duty to attend to' would be what I would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                  I don't call that serving your country.

Comment

Bush is the captain of a very big ship. It takes a long time for any course correction to have an impact, and it is a waste of time to act without knowing exactly what you want to do. He waited for information and advice. You could not have done better without information learned after the fact, though you might have had enough political acumen to disallow any more filming while you waited.

On the other hand it didn't take very long before he toppled the Taliban in a landlocked country to which previously we had no access whatever. The Bush is a dick and there are hundreds of reasons to criticize him and his policies, but this criticism is absurd. But what do you expect from Michael Moore but inane propoganda which appeals to society's dimmer bulbs?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      I don't call that serving your country.
                      Of course not. After all, this isn't an attack on John Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                        Bush is the captain of a very big ship. It takes a long time for any course correction to have an impact, and it is a waste of time to act without knowing exactly what you want to do.
                        He didn't know anything except that we were under attack. The problem is that he didn't bother to find anything out. That's the neglegence.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Of course not. After all, this isn't an attack on John Kerry.

I don't support Kerry.

Comment

You did 45 minutes in Lincoln's thread. But I admit you may have gotten better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                              Bush is the captain of a very big ship. It takes a long time for any course correction to have an impact, and it is a waste of time to act without knowing exactly what you want to do. He waited for information and advice. You could not have done better without information learned after the fact, though you might have had enough political acumen to disallow any more filming while you waited.
                              To use your analogy, if an emergency happens on a ship, the captain goes to the bridge. He doesn't stay in bed reading a book.

But what Bush did is completley understandable. When faced with an emergency, he was overwhelmed. He went into shock. He didn't know what to do. He was out of his depth.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                              X