No announcement yet.

Who owns Hans Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A significantly larger number of Danes than Canadians are named Hans (including yours truly), we even had a King in the 1500's named Hans.

So Hans Ø would fit right in with the rest of our empire.

Of course we could always settle the matter in a game of women's curling if you insist on making a fuss about it (and want to preserve your precious coast guard vessels from having serious damage inflicted upon them).

Comment

Women's curling it is! Bring it on, b!tch!
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

How about women's nude mud wrestling instead? The TV rights alone would more than compensate the loser for the value of the island.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

As long as it isn't women's nude curling. I seem to recall that our national team skipper isn't exactly built like a 1950's pinup girl.

What's the stake then? I personally think it should be for the entire Arctic area. Remember we already have control of Hans Ø. And our words are backed with icebreaking ships whose names you can't even pronounce!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
            Women's curling it is! Bring it on, b!tch!
            Curling
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Of course we could always settle the matter in a game of women's curling if you insist on making a fuss about it (and want to preserve your precious coast guard vessels from having serious damage inflicted upon them).

Curling !! a game we can actually win!!

Of course why even give you a fair chance-- tell you what, you can have the islands if you can win even 1 game in 5 in either the sport of

a) men's hockey OR
              b) women's hockey
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

It seems to me, if we have 4 ice-breaking warships and the Canadians have none, we should just take over the entire NW Passage and be done with it.

nahh-- we would just bombard you with our surplus antique helicopters

Oh and any attempt to develop these areas by anyone brings out the most feared weapon of all-- The Inuit or Innu PROTESTER
                Last edited by Flubber; August 12, 2004, 16:41.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

As long as it isn't women's nude curling. .. .

I don't know---- the nude aspect might increase the interest in the game when the score is 10-2

Plus we have some very cute curlers believe it or not--although the women's junior event might be of the most interest considering the age pf most apolytoners

Comment

Didn't we draw 2-2 in the Men's World Hockey Championships in 2003? At least we're both in the A zone, I'm sure of that.

Now handball, either men's or women's, we could play every day for a year and you wouldn't win once. I remember even Greenland's national team beating the US by a 15 goal margin at last year's Panamerican Ch'ships. Even today, I'm close to falling of my chair just thinking about it.

Comment

Or we could just do lacrosse.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

We could have our respective heads of state battle it out with their handbags, to add a bit of class to the event.

I imagine it could turn quite nasty and personal towards the end. Should be good fun.

Comment

If there's oil there, the terrorists own it, and the USA must invade it. Regime change begins up North!
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Didn't we draw 2-2 in the Men's World Hockey Championships in 2003? At least we're both in the A zone, I'm sure of that.
                            Yes you are in the A zone but then again they have expanded that group to 16 teams and here were the final standings of the 2004 Worlds

1 Canada
                            2 Sweden
                            3 USA
                            4 Slovakia
                            5 Czech Republic
                            6 Finland
                            7 Latvia
                            8 Switzerland
                            9 Germany
                            10 Russia
                            11 Austria
                            12 Denmark
                            13 Kazakhstan
                            14 Ukraine
                            15 Japan
                            16 France

Oh and yes there was tie in 2003 similar to our 2004 2-2 tie with Austria in the first game of the event. Neither tie had any impact on the final placings.

Oh and how many Danes don't even make it to the Worlds since they are busy paying in the NHL .. . . . ..?

I think I liked the old format better when it was RR among the best 8 teams in the world. On the other hand, the weaker teams are getting better. There used to be routine 10 goal wins but now they are more competitive and can hold things tighter-- and sometimes with a hot goalie, and if the game doesn't really matter , even steal a tie

Comment

We could have our respective heads of state battle it out with their handbags, to add a bit of class to the event.

I imagine it could turn quite nasty and personal towards the end. Should be good fun.

I like it-- I wonder what kind of handbag Paul Martin uses most days?

Seriously-- Liz is kinda old and I can't see her doing much other than her annoying wave

Comment

I believe Paul Martin is partial to Louis Vuitton.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X