Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Kerry's bounce out of the convention is........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They like Bush, remember?
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

That would be Sharpton's chance - import a few hundred million poor Africans.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        They like Bush, remember?
        While they were in S. Sudan they would like Bush. Over here they would like the dems.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Incidentallly, CBS (polled Friday hrough Sunday) has Kerry up by 6.

Some internals:
          Veterans: KE/BC 48/47, up from 41/47

Who has clear plan: KE/BC 44/45

Who will bring different groups together: KE/BC over 50/31

Yeah, he's in dire straits.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
            The only poll that counts is the one everyone votes in in November.
            Except in Florida, and that one counts and counts and ...
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

While they were in S. Sudan they would like Bush. Over here they would like the dems.
              Naah, that's why you harvest immigrants. 75% of 'em register with the same party that holds the Presidency when they become naturalized citizens.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: And Kerry's bounce out of the convention is........

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                Also, Zogby is known for constiently giving poll results that are biased towards the Democrats. .
                I called you on this BS before, and here you are posting it again.

Shi, of all the major polling outfits, which one during the election results over the past 2 Presidential elections consistently came the closest to the actual result.

Hint: It's Zogby.

"In 1996, John Zogby came within one-tenth of 1 percent of the presidential result - the best performance turned in by any of the pollsters." - Christian Science Monitor

Zogby was also almost dead-on in 2000.

Now compare those results to CNN/Gallup's accuracy over the past 2 elections. In both they were off by about 5%. There's a great track record.

Zogby's not perfect (1998, for example), but he's still an excellent pollster who gets more accurate results than most. There is certainly no evidence of any Democratic bias in his results (Chuck Schumer would be happy to laugh at that notion).
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Except in Florida, and that one counts and counts and ...
                  Actually, I don't think anyone in that state can count, they just keep trying to shove the "cubes" down the "circle" holes with their wittle plastic hammers.

Comment

Conventions nowadays are big circle jerks for the party hacks. The last real conventions in terms of meaningful impact were the Republicans in '76 and the Dems in '80.
                    I agree. So why did both Boston and the Democratic party throw all that money down the rat hole again?

I don't think you can be anything but unhappy at the tens of millions spent for little to no bounce.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

How much would it cost to get a comparable amount advertising?
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Well, if the advertising is ineffective at achieving my objectives, I would expect that it costs nothing.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Masturbation.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                            Well, if the advertising is ineffective at achieving my objectives, I would expect that it costs nothing.
                            But Kerry did get a bounce, at least according to every poll shown here save the CNN/Gallup poll.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              I don't think you can be anything but unhappy at the tens of millions spent for little to no bounce.
                              Nobody was expecting a big bounce. The only ones claiming there should be one were the Republicans, but it was a snarky move because they knew it wouldn't happen and wanted to play it like the convention disappointed. It didn't, it did exactly what it needed to do--present a unified party and introduce Kerry as a candidate to the American people. It's laying the groundwork for the true campaign--it's the start, not an end.

Look, going into the convention, Kerry was at a more solid place than any challenger in recent history, far more so than Clinton in 1992. Bounces only occur when the candidate is at a deficit in the polls, not when they're running even--Clinton 1992, Dole 1996, and Gore 2000 all experienced this. However, Bush didn't get much bounce in 2000, as he was already ahead in the polls by a wide margin. The electorate has, by and large, made up its mind this time, so big bounces in the polls simply aren't going to happen. It's an unusual situation, but that's the way it is.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                                But Kerry did get a bounce, at least according to every poll shown here save the CNN/Gallup poll.
                                Indeed, and his bounce average seems to be about 4 points. Oddly enough, that's exactly what Bush got from his convention in 2000. So was the 2000 GOP convention a failure?
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X