Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam is a peaceful religion is it..

Teachings of Islam:

Men are superior to women (surah 2:228).

Women have half the rights of men: in court witness (surah 2:282) and in inheritance (surah 4:11).

A man may punish his wife by beating her (surah 4:34).

A man may marry up to four wives at the same time (surah 4:3).

A wife is a sex object for her husband (surah 2:223).

Muslims must fight until their opponents submit to Islam (surah 9:29).

A Muslim must not take a Jew or a a Christian for a friend (surah 5:51).

A Muslim apostate must be killed (surah 9:12).

Stealing is punished by the amputation of the hands (surah 5:38).

Adultery is punished by public flogging (surah 24:2).

Resisting Islam is punished by death, crucifixion or the cutting off of the hands and feet (surah 5:33).

Fate decides everyone's eternal destination (surah 17:13).

Every Muslim will pass through Hell (surah 19:71).

Heaven in Islam is the place where a Muslim will be reclining, eating meats and delicious fruits, drinking exquisite wines, and engaging in sex with virgins (surah 55:54- 56) & (surah 52:17,19).
    -------

Surely such an inciteful religion should be banned. It has no place in our civilised land, boot it out?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Re: Islam is a peaceful religion is it..

Originally posted by Park Avenue
    Surely such an inciteful religion should be banned. It has no place in our civilised land, boot it out?
    Do you argue that also christianity and judaism should be banned?

Comment

Shall we guestimate, say, four posts till someone digs up a similar list for Christianity?

6/10 as trolls go.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I do. However Islam is the most pressing issue in the fight against religion It's followed closely by American christians.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Islam is a peaceful religion is it..

Originally posted by Park Avenue
          and engaging in sex with virgins
          This is the part I don't get, they all get to have unlimited sex with virgins. So, each virgin's only good for one shot. What's happens to them afterwards? Is there some purgatory where they store the used virgins? Do they have sort of re-virginating technique to recycle them?

I'm so confused.
          Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; July 25, 2004, 13:00.

Comment

Who wants to have sex with virgins anyhow? They are useless in the fine art of luuuuuvemaking.

Comment

Azazel:
              I do. However Islam is the most pressing issue in the fight against religion It's followed closely by American christians.

Having said that, I am very much against banning anything but on principle, I would say go for it.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                Who wants to have sex with virgins anyhow? They are useless in the fine art of luuuuuvemaking.
                Amen brother. When I want to have sex, I want to know the other person has qualifications. Virginal sex is all awkward and fumbling and "oh is this natural? Oh that hurts!". Bah, useless.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                  Shall we guestimate, say, four posts till someone digs up a similar list for Christianity?
                  Pretty close estimate:

"Anyone who is not a Christian will burn in Hell forever."

(kinda makes those Muslims look like a bunch of tolerant peaceniks in comparison, doesn't it? )

Comment

Did you make that one up? I don't see any indication where you got that from.

Comment

The bigger question is which religion has more hardcore adherents willing to fight and die for their scripture.

This is an issue the west will have to deal with eventually. It's fine to spout the platitudes about 'minority of Muslims don't believe this..." but the fact remains a significant number do and they are out to hurt us. Our political correctness is crippling us.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The bigger question is which religion has more hardcore adherents willing to fight and die for their scripture.

Precisely.

I would like to point out that I, too, believe that some ideas are worth dying for. Religion just isn't one of them. Just as murder, and other bad things aren't worth dying for.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Bah. For every Muslim emptying his AK-47 in the air, there's a Christian equally as nutty.

The only reason the Christian isn't out in the streets dancing and calling for destroying the Muslim heathens is that he's comfortable, in the USA or Europe, reclining in his chair watching, reading, or hearing his familiar TV evangelists and whacko far-right extremist "all non-Christians must die" nutjobs. The EVIL ONE isn't outside his door with a couple missiles to chuck into his house, so he has no need to worry.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                            The EVIL ONE isn't outside his door with a couple missiles to chuck into his house, so he has no need to worry.
                            Untrue. Airplanes are big fiery missiles.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

All religions are stupid. Throw rocks at them.

Comment

Working...
                              X