No announcement yet.

Stronger Pot Causes Governmental Policy Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the hell, Ramo? are you saying that reducing the price of a product does not increase demand and increase sales?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You fundamentally do not understand economics.

Suppose water dropped in price a hundred fold. Does that mean you would buy a hundred times as much water?

People don't buy more of a good for no other reason than it drops in price. If they don't want more of a good, they won't buy any more of it.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• the demand for weed is high but the relatively low supply causes fewer transactions than could be possible. are you saying there wouldnt be more sales if the price lowered?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Your understanding of supply and demand is completely wrong.

In a basic model of economics, there are things called supply and demand curves. They are curves that tell you how much of a good is supplied or demanded at a certain price. Where these curves intersect tells you how much of a good is supplied and the price of the good.

The nature of these curves are completely dependent upon the good. In the case of pot, the quantity demanded would stay roughly constant as the price decreases past a certain point. The demand curve would never get to the point where lots of people are smoking packs a day. The reason for that, again, is that pot isn't physically addictive.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

• There would probably be as many pack a day pot smokers are there are 12-pack a day beer drinkers.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• But, as we've already seen, they should be reported by their doctors to the authorities...

Oh wait, that was another thread...
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
              X