No announcement yet.

Stupid Commie-Appeasing "Sunshine" Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just the unreality of SK politics that confounds me. How can we base an alliance on such stuff? We have to protect our interests in this situation, because they're schizoid and are going to stay schizoid.

that's what you get in a new, vibrant, growing democracy. let's not kid ourselves--skorean democracy as an actual democracy has only been around since 1992, so...
    B♭3

Comment

• ok, fine, no tanks rolled over the students in tian an men.

however, with the skorean students, they no longer have to hide, and they didn't have to flee the country.
      B♭3

Comment

• that's what you get in a new, vibrant, growing democracy. let's not kid ourselves--skorean democracy as an actual democracy has only been around since 1992, so...
        You give them too much credit. The Central European countries seem to have their heads screwed on pretty straight.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Oh, meh. People are stupid. Here, there and everywhere. We can either deal with it, or pull out and leave them to figure things out with the North on their own. I say we do it. Either they will recognize their error, or prove us wrong (that sucking up to the North is actually the right policy).

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

You give them too much credit. The Central European countries seem to have their heads screwed on pretty straight.
            You haven't seen our parliament debating economic policy.
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• You haven't seen a Korean parliament "debate" either...
              Attached Files
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Hey, the parliamentary vote doesn't go your way? No problem. You can always take it out on the ballot box.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Literally. Damnit, the people who sit near me probably think I'm nuts (or rather, their suspicions have been confirmed).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Ok, Dan, you're right

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• truth be told, it's not just korea. asian democracies are so much more fun, because there are fistfights in the japanese diet and the taiwanese assembly too.

B♭3

Comment

• And in China, you get to use TANKS to run over political opponents

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
                              It's just the unreality of SK politics that confounds me. How can we base an alliance on such stuff? We have to protect our interests in this situation, because they're schizoid and are going to stay schizoid.

that's what you get in a new, vibrant, growing democracy. let's not kid ourselves--skorean democracy as an actual democracy has only been around since 1992, so...
                              And as much as Americans complain about their politicians being bought and paid for by politicians, it sometimes seems that virtually all SKorean politicians not only get illegal campaign contributions but blatant kickbacks and bribes. Thankfully the people are really pissed about it so things are starting to change...

truth be told, it's not just korea. asian democracies are so much more fun, because there are fistfights in the japanese diet and the taiwanese assembly too.
                              Yeah! Makes politics much more fun, bring back the days of canings in the US Senate!
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X