X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel for you Imran, I really do.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Btw, is there any support for me to make a replacement pick for Williams since he was only in the 2nd round (and this is the 3rd)?
      Sorry Sloww... but you know the rules

Them's the breaks, I took Jamal and he might be in prison soon

Actually Imran, I could care less. If you'll let Slow have Steve Smith instead of Henry I won't object to you replacing Williams... I just wanna see if you'll sacrifice your principled adherence to those rules
      Last edited by Berzerker; July 25, 2004, 03:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
        Btw, is there any support for me to make a replacement pick for Williams since he was only in the 2nd round (and this is the 3rd)?

Them's the breaks, I took Jamal and he might be in prison soon

Actually Imran, I could care less. If you'll let Slow have Steve Smith instead of Henry I won't object to you replacing Williams... I just wanna see if you'll sacrifice your principled adherence to those rules
        My feelings exactly.....

ACK!

Comment

• If you'll let Slow have Steve Smith instead of Henry I won't object to you replacing Williams

Only if everyone else votes yes, just like every other rule.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Like I said I have no problem with Slowwy, also no real problem with your predicament.

ACK!

Comment

• But Kalius voted no for me, so it's a moot point. However Sloww can still get his change made, but I'm not sure if Kalius meant to vote no for him as well with his post right after Sloww's 'pick'.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I voted no for Sloww, too.

Comment

• So that's that then. Reismark is up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalius
                    I voted no for Sloww, too.
                    Just remeber that when Michael "toothpick legs" Vick breaks his ankle in preseason again.......

ACK!

Comment

• If that happens then bad luck on my part. I see no difference in Williams retiring than someone breaking their ankle in preseason. If the latter happens then do we go all the way back to round 3 and pick someone else?

And Sloww was just stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalius
                        If that happens then bad luck on my part. I see no difference in Williams retiring than someone breaking their ankle in preseason. If the latter happens then do we go all the way back to round 3 and pick someone else?

And Sloww was just stupid
                        Okay the Sloww point is a good one.....

ACK!

Comment

• Hmm... perhaps next year we should go to a more FFZ policy on BAPAY's and injuries... or even for baseball (listening Berz? )

Comment

• What is the FFZ policy? I was talking to Ming and he said there is a second draft following the official draft for players who get injured after they're picked. Last year FFZ's rule on BAPAYs was you could replace a BAPAY if no one else picked after you but I seem to recall getting BAPAYed last year in the baseball draft and they let me replace the guy because I was about 30 minutes late and the BAPAY rule was so harsh - 4 hours starting at 9 am est and there were about 8 people before me who all picked in about 45 minutes so when I checked the thread around 2 pm est my turn had already passed by.

Comment

• Screw this... after much discussion and details with people in other forums, in the interest of just freaking fairness, I'm going to make some Commish rules.

BAPAY: You can change your pick within the next 6 picks (half round), as long as no one in those next 6 (or less, depending on when you make the change) picks disagrees with the BAPAY (ie, they wanted the BAPAY pick or someone else).

Slow, you can have Smith, since Tubes and Japher didn't mind.

Injury: If a player has a major injury (4 games+) and you want to replace him during the draft with someone who has not been drafted yet, you are allowed to do so, only you give up ALL rights to the injured player.

I count resignation as an injury (oh and Berz, going to prision is the same as well)

You may think these rules are self-serving and that's fine. But I think it integral to the league's fairness that we allow these rule changes. If you don't like 'em, I'm sorry. If you think that it is sacrificing principles, then so be it. Unless I hear unanimous negative reaction to these rules, I'm going to keep them in force.

Hell, I realized why the Hell am I Commish (and put up this aggravation) if I can't make some arbitrary rules now and again .

Here is the CURRENT draft board:

1) gjramsey = 7. Ramsey's Razorbacks
                              2) Kalius = 1. Sarlat
                              3) SlowwHand = 12. Dallas Dwarf Tossers
                              4) Tuberski = 4. Billy's Boingers
                              5) Japher = 6. Flippin' Monkey Men
                              6) reismark = 10. Kyrandia Dragonhawks
                              7) Zopperoni = 2. Amsterdam Afros
                              8) Dissident = 8. Vegas Skullsmashers
                              9) -Jrabbit = 9. Cute Little Bunnies
                              10) Berzerker = 11. Berzerkers
                              11) Imran Siddiqui = 5. Georgia Gliders
                              12) Jac de Molay = 3. Fighting Emus

1.01 Priest Holmes, RB (KC)
                              1.02 LaDainian Tomlinson, RB (SD)
                              1.03 Edgerrin James, RB (IND)
                              1.04 Ahman Green, RB (GB)
                              1.05 Kevan Barlow, RB (SF)
                              1.06 Shaun Alexander, RB (SEA)
                              1.07 Deuce McAllister, RB (NO)
                              1.08 Peyton Manning, QB (IND)
                              1.09 Clinton Portis, RB (WAS)
                              1.10 Jamal Lewis, RB (BAL)
                              1.11 Randy Moss, WR (MIN)
                              1.12 Daunte Culpepper, QB (MIN)

2.12 Fred Taylor, RB (JAC)
                              2.11 Rudi Johnson, RB (CIN)
                              2.10 Marvin Harrison, WR (IND)
                              2.09 Torry Holt, WR (StL)
                              2.08 Marshall Faulk, RB (StL)
                              2.07 Domanick Davis, RB (HOU)
                              2.06 Terrell Owens, WR (PHI)
                              2.05 Matt Hasselbeck, QB (SEA)
                              2.04 Stephen Davis, RB (CAR)
                              2.03 Steve McNair, QB (TEN)
                              2.02 Corey Dillon, RB (NE)
                              2.01 Donovab NcNabb, QB (PHI)

3.01 Chad Johnson, WR (CIN)
                              3.02 Michael Vick, QB (ATL)
                              3.03 Steve Smith, WR (CAR)
                              3.04 Tony Gonzalez, TE (KC)
                              3.05 Anquan Boldin, WR (ARI)

Reismark, yer up.
                              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 25, 2004, 06:14.

Comment

• What is the FFZ policy?

Chris' rule is that you can change your BAPAY within 12 picks of your original BAPAY pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X