Whoops. Mossad Agents sent to prison, NZ cuts dip ties with Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VJ
    and if the **** still continues after that, a considerable militiary threat is in order.
    From New Zealand?

Israel would pwn your asses.

Comment

No way. VJ is from Finland.

Evil.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

I guess Stefu's Partisan Company will lead the van?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

From New Zealand?

Israel would pwn your asses.
          True if it was down to NZ vs Israel. Hypothetically though, should it come to open military action, Israel would be in a lot more diplomatic sh*t than it ever has been, at the very least. But this will get nowhere near that.

Azazel, I am not doubting other nations' agents have done this sort of thing before. This does not excuse the fact that these were Israelis likely operating under some official capacity. I and no-one else is blaming you, Jews, the Israeli people, nor are we asking for explanations from you personally. Assuming the information is correct, then the Israeli government or security organisations are proving that they see themselves above international law, they believe they have a right to interfere with other sovereign nations, or that they are just insuffereably arrogant. Any of these are unacceptable, and I challenge anyone to say it is justified, right, necessary or anything less than insulting to all NZ and victimising to the NZer concerned.

Just like the Israelis to take advantage of disabled people.

BTW - did anyone see the NZ Prime Minister on the news? She looks like the Bride of Frankenstein.
          Bollocks to the first, Agathon. Israelis as a whole do not do this. The relevant security organisation in Israel however, does, and is the tinpot outfit that is encouraging the very distrust of Israeli official organisations that said organisations and right-wing Israeli media complain about from other nations.

As to the second.... I can't really disagree. She's a pretty good PM though, and her Kiwi accent is as "thuck as any uther Keywey's". She may not be a looker, but I'm a little bit proud of our PM, AAMOF.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Azazel, I am not doubting other nations' agents have done this sort of thing before. This does not excuse the fact that these were Israelis likely operating under some official capacity. I and no-one else is blaming you, Jews, the Israeli people, nor are we asking for explanations from you personally. Assuming the information is correct, then the Israeli government or security organisations are proving that they see themselves above international law, they believe they have a right to interfere with other sovereign nations, or that they are just insuffereably arrogant. Any of these are unacceptable, and I challenge anyone to say it is justified, right, necessary or anything less than insulting to all NZ and victimising to the NZer concerned.

I full accept that in that context, and agree to that. However, this "OMFG ISRAEL IS SOOO EVIL, ISRAEL THINKS IT'S ABOVE LAW, NO NATION DOES THAT" or even worse "Israelis are spies and drug smugglers", as you had some NZ customs folks telling one of our diplomatic personell, and then searching his luggage, I won't accept that.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

I full accept that in that context, and agree to that. However, this "OMFG ISRAEL IS SOOO EVIL, ISRAEL THINKS IT'S ABOVE LAW, NO NATION DOES THAT" or even worse "Israelis are spies and drug smugglers", as you had some NZ customs folks telling one of our diplomatic personell, and then searching his luggage, I won't accept that.
              The OMFG statement.... don't know where you got that, but certainly not from the NZers who have posted on this here. Nor have there been any attacks on Jews or Israelis, which would have happened in many places of the world should such a thing have targetted other countries.

As for the customs official quote, that is an allegation as well. I have not seen that anywhere on the web but on an Israeli news site which was clearly biased against NZ, and a similar, if less blatant, Australian site. If it actually happened then I daresay the matter was dealt with quickly, and an apology made to the proper person. It was certainly ridiculous and something that SHOULD have been set to rights if it happened.

Just like this. Except this is potentially far far more serious, and could have endangered every NZer abroad.
              Consul.

Comment

By the way thank you for not escalating this thread and for acknowledging the principle wrong that has (likely) happened here.
                Consul.

Comment

rofl... israeli spies in NZ! rofl
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ISRAEL IS SOOO EVIL, ISRAEL THINKS IT'S ABOVE LAW, NO NATION DOES THAT

Provide another example of a Western country fraudulently obtaining a friendly nation's passports and using them to commit illegal acts in another friendly country.

This is more than just a violation of sovereignty, which would be a bilateral issue. This damages the victimised nation's standing internationally.

So all your examples of the French or Russians being dickheads so far haven't cut it.

If you want to be our enemies, so be it. If you want to be our friends then act like it. This is not an act that a friend perpetrates on another friend.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

MWIA:
                      Israeli news site which was clearly biased against NZ

In that case, all Israeli sites are biased against NZ, and all NZ sites are biased against Israel.

Nor have there been any attacks on Jews or Israelis, which would have happened in many places of the world should such a thing have targetted other countries.

well, not exactly..... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3899583.stm

and another thing, this didn't put your citizens at risk abroad. Just like Canadian citizens abroad weren't threatened by a similar action.

KH:

This is more than just a violation of sovereignty, which would be a bilateral issue. This damages the victimised nation's standing internationally.

How so? You're clinging on a straw here, KH. It's not qualitatively different.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes, it is.

I would "rather" Israel had sent Mossad agents to attempt an assassination in Canada with Norwegian passports than they attempt an assassination in Norway with Canadian passports (from a Canadian perspective).

The latter devalues the trustworthiness of the Canadian passport system and opens our citizens abroad to suspicion. It embarasses Canada on the world stage as a clearinghouse for false documentation. It forces us to apologise to the other aggrieved party (Norway) for issuing passports that would be used in a crime.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          rofl... israeli spies in NZ! rofl

Comment

I would "rather" Israel had sent Mossad agents had attempted an assassination in Canada with Norwegian passports than they attempted an assassination in Norway with Canadian passports (from a Canadian perspective).

The latter devalues the trustworthiness of the Canadian passport system and opens our citizens abroad to suspicion. It embarasses Canada on the world stage as a clearinghouse for false documentation. It forces us to apologise to the other aggrieved party (Norway) for issuing passports that would be used in a crime.

The former makes you country look unsafe and crawling full of foreign intelligency services. Both are bad on a similar basis. It's like saying, what was more offensive to a country. Say, German terrorists kidnapped a plane in greece. Who's more embarassed, Greece or Germany?
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

the plane

Comment

Greece, because they're Greek.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X