This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, have YOU seen "Fahrenheit 9/11"?

I have, just got back from a midnight showing. This really is a great movie. Of course you would expect me to say that, but I wouldn't say it if I didn't feel it.

The best part of this movie is that Moore lets the pictures and situations do the talking. He is in this very little, and his narration, while obviously firey, only maintains credit because of what is showcased.

The only flaw that glared at me was that he didn't outright say that Al-Qaeda killed 3,000 people. In no way does his dispute this, but he doesn't mention it much either. Then again, he really doesn't have to, that's not the point of this movie. The point is to show us what the truth is: we already all know Al-Qaeda are the culprits; what the public doesn't know is all of the Bush tie-ins, possible motives, and other fallacies of the administration (and both parties elected officials) that have misled us. It is nothing that hasn't been public before, but it is put together in a fashion that the public can understand what has taken place in the last 3 years.

That is why this is a good movie.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

He didn't condemn every dictator thats ever lived for their atrocities?
    Clearly hes in bed with the terrorists, and thus anything he says is a lie.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Planning to this weekend.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

He didn't condemn every dictator thats ever lived for their atrocities?

Hell, he doesn't even condemn Saddam before railing against the attack by the evil, imperialist Americans...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

How dare he not attack a well known dictator and instead attempt to dispel the "Higher Moral Ground" argument used by the US...
          He should insert something at the beginning of this movie that condemns every dictator* in history.

*Dictator: Those who oppose the interests of the United States.
          Example: "Chirac is the dictator of France. Musharaff, however, is the democratically elected President of Pakistan"
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comrade Tassadar, I don't know how bored the others are to your trolls, I still think they're great

Keep it up

Comment

Sadly, Tass is right. So it's not really a troll.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I love Tass's trolls.

I also know he would probably die if we didn't allow him this release. The life of a Mormon is a desperate one, something most normal men can't survive without help.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I love Tass' trolls too

As for the movie, I didn't see it, and I probably won't: i.e. I'm not especially motivated, and my going to the movies require special motivation.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm interested in seeing it, but I just don't think I could stomach paying to watch propaganda.

It'll probably never come out in Japan, though, so all this is really academic.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Download it.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                        Download it.
                        what a great idea, I never thought of that film for dl...
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I've not seen it, which obviously makes me as qualified as anybody to say it's full of lies and is basically an election ad for Kerry. Or Nader. Well, some tree-hugging liberal scum, they all look the same.

Comment

I'm seeing it tonight. I'm oozing with suspense (and other bodily fluids mind you). This movie is going to be great, it's going to make a ****load of money, and the crybaby right wingers are going to ***** and moan until they're blue in the face.

Priceless
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: So, have YOU seen "Fahrenheit 9/11"?

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous The best part of this movie is that Moore lets the pictures and situations do the talking.
                              But are the pictures and situations used in their proper context? From the trailer, it seems that they are not. That is why it is nothing but propaganda. Moore takes pictures, quotes and situations and molds them together to fit his agenda.
                              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                              X