No announcement yet.

England-Portugal..the penalty spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute goal aside, what England have to blame themselves for, is the fact that they tried to sit on a one goal lead.

To many teams have tried that in this tournament, and have gotten penalized for it.

But yeah...it was hard to see why that goal was disallowed.
    That sums it up perfectly.

And whenever England gets an early lead, they try to sit on it.

And then they lose.

You'd think they would learn that this strategy doesn't work.

Comment

I think it's usually a problem for most teams when conceding early goals.

I frequently used to like it when Man United conceded early on in Europe, because that is when you would see them at their best, and usually they'd win.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yeah Ricardo was great... I think he even threw away his gloves before the last penalty. But did you notice how he tried to psych out the penalty shooters? Not very sportsmanlike... I don't know what he yelled at Beckham but he probably wasn't complimenting him on his tattoes. But sure, it's part of the game.
        CSPA

Comment

yeah, italy pulls the same ****. they deserved to lose in the world cup.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

with that flopper totti. koreans ran all over them
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I can't repeat enough that England played like Ipswich defending away at Old Trafford. They were second-best, and if Portugal possessed a world-class cutting edge striker England would have been mauled. The best team won... but I'm sure the papers will delude themselves with excuses.
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Yes, go and shout it in the street while cheering.
                Nothing beats the feeling of vindication when then country in which you live loses . There, there gentle telly addicts, soon there will be another meaningless event to dull your mind, lest you engage it to partake in that most forbidden of activities for the indifferent idiot: independent thought, so once more you will be safe from the fear of realising that your lives are so, utterly pointless .
                Attached Files
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                  I can't repeat enough that England played like Ipswich defending away at Old Trafford. They were second-best, and if Portugal possessed a world-class cutting edge striker England would have been mauled. The best team won... but I'm sure the papers will delude themselves with excuses.
                  0.2/10
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Nothing beats the feeling of vindication when then country in which you live loses . There, there gentle telly addicts, soon there will be another meaningless event to dull your mind, lest you engage it to partake in that most forbidden of activities for the indifferent idiot: independent thought, so once more you will be safe from the fear of realising that your lives are so, utterly pointless

You know, that's a lot of hot air coming from a bong-user.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I wonder if anything would have been different, had Rooney not been injured so early on in the game.

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

You know, that's a lot of hot air coming from a bong-user.
                        I'm running on clear aether for the evening, need to save some for Drogue tomorrow
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

That's excuse #2, Asmodean.
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

"I wonder if anything would have been different, had Rooney not been injured so early on in the game."

The cameramen wouldn't have got neck-ache.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                              That's excuse #2, Asmodean.
                              Exactly...I just felt we should get them all on the table
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Nothing beats the feeling of vindication when then country in which you live loses . There, there gentle telly addicts, soon there will be another meaningless event to dull your mind, lest you engage it to partake in that most forbidden of activities for the indifferent idiot: independent thought, so once more you will be safe from the fear of realising that your lives are so, utterly pointless .
                                Isn't that the reason you smoke skunk?

Comment

Working...
                                X