Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Zen Touch: 24 hours battery life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing that should be mentioned: The Zens come with a user-removable battery. That means it's possible to buy secondary batteries for long trips, or replace it later when the battery doesn't hold its charge as long as it used to. As you may recall, this is a bigissue with the iPod these days...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      That's a BAM. Pardon me for ignoring things that aren't actually true...
      You can't honestly look at the overwhelming trend, the increased number of big-name competitors, and the slim lead Apple had the last time the market was surveyed and still think the iTunes Music Store is going to stay #1 for the forseeable future. Either way, it doesn't matter. How important is it if the #1 has a minority of marketshare, which is declining?

The iTMS has features unique to it that some people like.
      Name them...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'd love to continue this, but I have to take a shower and break out. Nothing but love for ya, Glonkie; I hope you sell some Zens today...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

This whole "iTunes is #1" thing is nonsense, anyway.

The market for downloadable music can be looked at as follows:
          1. Apple proprietary
          2. WMA

Apple proprietary (iTunes) has 35%, while WMA has 65%. That's the important figure, since it doesn't matter which store you buy from when you're looking at the player...

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
            When is this set to be released?
            *Bump*

I still haven't seen the release date anywhere
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It's now avaliable for pre-order on amazon.com, but they don't mention the date

Comment

Ever seen a Creative commercial on TV?

No I haven't... wait, that's the point, isn't it?!

Creative's marketing department is either TEH SUXX0R, or inexistant ( For their sake, I hope it's the later, since the former means a loss of money )
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Unbiased observers point of view?

I hate to disappoint the Drake of Bukkake Bay, but I think the apple's just been pissed all over.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Time will tell. Creative better get these new players out quick if they want to piss all over Apple, though; it looks like new iPods with 60GB of hard drive space are coming around September.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I just found this:

The new Creative Zen Touch 20GB, available today for preorder online at Amazon.com and www.creative.com for $US269.99, is slated for shipment this month.

Comment

How many here have pre-ordered it (or is about to), or are considering buying it shortly after release?

I haven't preordered it because I hope to get it from some shop closer, like Amazon.co.uk or maybe even a local shop... but only if they have it at the same price, and gets it ASAP...
                        At present time I'm 95% sure that I'm going to buy this...

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          Time will tell. Creative better get these new players out quick if they want to piss all over Apple, though; it looks like new iPods with 60GB of hard drive space are coming around September.
                          Seeing as the iPod and the Zen use the same harddrive, that would be coming soon to the Zen, too.

IGN speculates, based on Creative's history, that 40GB and 60GB versions will be quietly launched a few weeks after this one starts shipping, in a few weeks.

Looking at the price difference, I don't think it's important that Apple will have a 60GB version. It'll probably cost $999...

Comment

But the STYLE, Asher! The STYLE!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The new Zen Touch: 24 hours battery life...

I thought this thread was going to be about some sort of new age vibrator.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

the biggest question in my mind is this: does it, if it already has music on the player, connect it to a computer with no music, erase the entire damn player like the ipod?
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X