Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Zen Touch: 24 hours battery life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think that was stylish?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It was in 1980. Everybody had one. Remind you of a trend?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sounds awesome...this could be my next big purchase.

And since when was "style" more important than function and value? Screw style in this regard. If you buy an mp3 player or any electronic equipment based on style, you're stupid.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

You think that was stylish?
          Everybody wanted one -- what's your definition?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

And since when was "style" more important than function and value?

A gay man is asking this question?

Style has trumped substance for a long time now. Get with the program, honey...

I believe I said "true" style. That's timeless style, not just what's popular at the time.

As for the Walkman, you got me. I was one at the time and really can't speak intelligently on the trends of the 80's. They do appear quite shocking here in the modern day, though, don't they?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: The new Zen Touch: 24 hours battery life...

Originally posted by Asher

Current model is 20GB, with 40 and 60GB drives coming soon. Uses the 1.8" harddrive instead of the 2.5" harddrive like the last Zens.

24 hours battery life.
              Still keeps the outstanding clarity, 97 dB SNR, 74 dB channel separation, < 0.1% THD.

$269.99
              20GB iPod with less than 8hrs battery life is $379 (MSRP is $399, though).

pwn3d.
              Yeah, but can you kill with it?

Comment

And since when was "style" more important than function and value?

I believe I said "true" style. That's timeless style, not just what's popular at the time.

As for the Walkman, you got me. I was one at the time and really can't speak intelligently on the trends of the 80's. They do appear quite shocking here in the modern day, though, don't they?
                True style is all about substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  If you buy an mp3 player or any electronic equipment based on style, you're stupid.
                  I had you pegged as a Bang and Olufsen kinda guy.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Gay men go for style with substance. There's a difference, babe.

But does style trump substance for you in this regard? Or can you think of any reason besides style why anyone would want in iPod over the Zen?

I had you pegged as a Bang and Olufsen kinda guy.
                    I reiterate what I said to DD in my moving thread:

Do you think I **** gold bullion or something?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sweet! honestly, I don't know how didn't Creative sweep the market with it's stuff from ages ago. They have a solid brand, a good product, and good prices. It's all there!
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        Sweet! honestly, I don't know how didn't Creative sweep the market with it's stuff from ages ago. They have a solid brand, a good product, and good prices. It's all there!
                        Ever seen a Creative commercial on TV?

It's about marketing.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yep. It's unfortunate, Creative's a bit inept with the business aspect. It really doesn't bother me though, they still make stellar products at great prices that are easily available.

Comment

When is this set to be released?

As mentioned in another thread, I'm considering buying the Zen Xtra soon... very soon, since I want it during summer-time... I'll never use it during winter (or at least not much)

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                            Ever seen a Creative commercial on TV?

It's about marketing.
                            The only things I've ever heard about Creative was through friends/family, or when I search for a specific product-type...
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

But does style trump substance for you in this regard? Or can you think of any reason besides style why anyone would want in iPod over the Zen?

The iPod does have some substantive advantages over the Zen, like the ability to purchase music from the iTunes Music Store, for instance. I'm not going to bull**** though and claim that style isn't the main reason why the iPod is the number MP3 player out there. The thing is ****ing sexy and that's why people want it.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The iPod does have some substantive advantages over the Zen, like the ability to purchase music from the iTunes Music Store, for instance.
                                Why is that an advantage when even the iTunes Music Store is overpriced compared to competitors like the Walmart Music Store? Granted, that's an exception.

But there are similar music stores to the iTunes Music Store, so why would the user care? You think it's a "substantive advantage" to be locked into one music store, while the Zen/WMP allow you to use a ton of different ones?

The new WMP10 even has integrated Napster, if your big thing about the ITMS was to not have to use a browser...

Comment

Working...
                                X