This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lonestar
    That was before my time...what happened?
    There were like 5-7 different "parties" and they all campaigned and held an election to see who would be in control of the OT, complete with a vote fixing scandal (I'm not kidding). It was pretty wild and was the thing that drew me to the OT... I was like, "What's with this place???"

Comment

• What was the problem?

Comment

• Spam, spam, and more spam. Plus it wasn't anybody's board except Mark and Dan's. IIRC, it was the election that got the ball rolling as to whether to moderate the OT.

Comment

• Wait... it wasn't moderated?

How "in control" was the winner planning to be?

Comment

• None, really. It's not like they would've ended up with admin access to the boards, it was just a bunch of people being goofy, having fun, and it got a bit out of hand.

Comment

• That's how MtG got tapped as a Mod, isn't it?
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• While I did win one of the elections thanks to GP putting in the ole Chicago fix... it didn't really matter.

I ended up in control anyway
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                  That's how MtG got tapped as a Mod, isn't it?
                  No... MtG go suckered in as part of an April's gag... the gag was that we were making him a mod... but the gag was really on MtG... because he eventually agreed to actually do it after the joke was over

Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• League of the South party?
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• one of the elections

Chicago fix

See? Vote fixing scandals galore. It's a wonder Jimmy Carter didn't get himself involved.

Comment

• Ming, you are jacking this thread from important ADP business. I'm sorry, but I really feel that you are causing trouble within the ADP, something I cannot put up with. Hence I most kindly ask that you get the thread back on topic. This thread is currently about affirming the greatness of The Reagan, also known as The Holy One, Blessed be He.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Awesome.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Actually, I was the one who 'jacked the thread. My apologies, oh Holy One, Blessed be You.

Comment

• Lonestar, would you like to join the Apolyton Democratic Party cabinet?
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Yes. But be advised, as the AECCP Chairman it will be in a supporting Coalition role.

Comment

Working...
                                X