• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GET THE ROPE! LETS STRING HIM UP!

If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm still recovering from my last rope burns though.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I for one, believe in a democratically elected one-party system. My reason for this? In a constitutional republic like ours, a UNITED party of one would quickly become a party of independents. If, we are all debating on the nature of the Republic, as republics and changing the nature of the republic through the democratic process... Not only would we have one party, but, democratically elected and partipated in by the people, we would have as many "parties of one" as there are participating individuals.

One Republican Party = The Triumph of Individualism.
        All for one, and one for all, the product of a democratic election and a More Perfect Union. Democrats who elect the Constitution to be the law and adhere to the authority of the Republic, are by their very nature, Republicans.

Join the Party, and be a Party of One.

Also, George Washington himself, in his farewell message, said that multiparty system would tear our nation apart. Change the Republic from within, as a Republican. I have endeavoured to do this, I have already helped many Republicans become Evolution / Creation dualists and am very proud of that accomplishment.
        And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Comment

Mr Fun: We like to lynch you mostly because you like Racoons .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

If that article is right and if the conservatives are indeed winning since 1964 then please answer some questions
              -why is spending now higher then in 64 ?(% of gross product I mean)
              -why do we now have less war tolerance then in 64? In the vietnam war needed we thousants of dead americans and genocide of entire vilages in order to make the public anti-war. Now in Iraq seems it like hunderds of dead americans and an abuses scandale that does not even come close to what happened in vietnam is enough, the majority now thinks we better had not invaded iraq.
              -compare the rights and power of minorities and gays in 64 and now, is this really a conservative victory?

So even while the right is now much better organized and wins much more elections seems it like the USA is still slowely moving to a more liberal nation.

Comment

I was going to object on the basis of being an Iowan, but I don't want to stand between Mr. Fun and a willing lynch mob.
                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

That's a good man .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
                    I was going to object on the basis of being an Iowan, but I don't want to stand between Mr. Fun and a willing lynch mob.

Comment

So even while the right is now much better organized and wins much more elections seems it like the USA is still slowely moving to a more liberal nation.

Modern conservativism is about gradual change, not stagnation or even reactionaryism. It's just a different manner in change. Our government today doesn't resemble LBJ's Great Society plans.

Comment

It's never a good idea to stand between a lynch mob and its target. It might be the right thing to do, but it's not a good idea.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

One word in that op-ed piece is the key to everything: Ruthless.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

now vs 1964

Straight economics - the conservatives win hands down - what can we privatize today? Economic regulation gone. Lower taxes for micro reasons a good thing acclaimed by all.

Safety Net - a draw - not going away, but no more than marginal expansions in the cards. Means testing gaining elite acceptance, even among liberals, but the politics dont work

Culture - conservatives lose. Gay rights, feminism, choice (which will undoubtedly survive a reversal of Roe v Wade) etc. On anything which doesnt relate directly or indirectly to economics (responsibility is good) theyve lost. Heck, even when they win (in 2004 terms) they lose (in 1964 terms) faith based solutions will include churches women ministers and priests are routine, charter schools include black power schools, etc.

all more the playing out of certain dynamics of freedom and personal choice, than a victory for conservatives per se.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

the dominant intellectual force in American politics
                              Nothing intellectual about it. Conservatism is just fear and prejudice dressed up.

I take it no one read that psychological analysis of political conservatives. Although the authors try to tone it down it turns out that conservatives are just reactionary dumbasses.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

** TROLL mode **

Why is that the following people find conservative ideology more appealing than liberal ideology:

racists/white supremacists

homophobes

sexists

anti-Semites

xeneophobes

Basically, throughout history, most hate mongers have found comfort within the conservative ideology.

** end of TROLL mode **

Comment

Working...
                                X