Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really big songs (and other pop culture hits) that you've totally missed out on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Oh that imported dog food place!
    Last night they had Frasier's 'Martha Paxton forged painting' episode, with the shyster art gallery owner, and Frasier's dad showing crime scene 'photos, at the bijou soiree Frasier arranges for the public exhibition of his new 'Paxton' painting.

Incontinence pants a must, or don't drink tea or coffee or any diuretic before watching.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
      An episode I actually enjoyed.

Like Frasier's 'Restaurant' episode, and the 'Deli Nazi' episode, with the imported dog food and imported British biscuits at horrendous marked up prices.
      Why is it that you only enjoy episodes centered around food?

How much do you weigh?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Europa, by Santana
        Miracles, by Jefferson Starship
        Foreigner Suite, by Cat Stevens
        Full-length Vahevala, by Loggins and Messina

None got radio time due to length, and all are fantastic.
        God I miss Cat Stevens. Who'd have thought a Greek boy of Cypriot lineage would go Muslim?

The entire Blows Against the Empire album by Starship was excellent through and through. I've been thinking about the songs recently. Somehow they seem to fit into current events. I also miss Jethro Tull, Cream, Buffalo Springfield, Leo Kotke, and John Prine.

I haven't listened to anything pop since 1990.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Why is it that you only enjoy episodes centered around food?

How much do you weigh?
          Less than your fat head, Asher Blobbyduce.

I don't 'only' enjoy episodes centred around food, as the quote about the Paxton forged painting would have informed you.

Good to see that razor sharp logic and comprehension kicking in.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

meh
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
              Less than your fat head, Asher Blobbyduce.

I don't 'only' enjoy episodes centred around food, as the quote about the Paxton forged painting would have informed you.

Good to see that razor sharp logic and comprehension kicking in.
              My head is fat because that's the only place where they could fit my massive brain.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I've missed the whole "24" thing. Friends whose opinions I trust say it's been good.
                I studiously avoid all "reality TV" (well, actually, most TV).
                I also refuse to watch TV cop/lawyer shows (which I used to watch a lot of).

I've deliberately missed a lot of "must-see" movies, like...
                The Godfather (all)
                The Exorcist (huge fan of "Tubular Bells" tho)
                Schindler's List (sounds important but boring)
                The Passion of the Christ (Aramaic?????)
                [The hype drives me away.]

Music? I miss a lot of pop, like...
                Celine Dion
                'N SYNC (and all their ilk)

I depend on my 16-y.o. daughter to keep me in touch with decent music. She's actually pretty discerning (though with a predeliction for female singer-songwriters). Makes me think we did something right in raising her...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

My head is fat because that's the only place where they could fit my massive brain.

Now why do I suddenly think of South Park's 'Terrance and Philip' film: 'Not Without My Anus'?

Perhaps because that's where you pull your opinions from too.

Comment

Personally, I perfer the Terrance and Philip feature film: "Asses of Fire" .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
                      Now why do I suddenly think of South Park's 'Terrance and Philip' film: 'Not Without My Anus'?

Perhaps because that's where you pull your opinions from too.
                      Can you make one post without referencing somebody else's work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Can you make one post without referencing somebody else's work?
                        A rather stupid remark, given the context of the thread....

Anyway, I won't refer to another work of art, or television programme, or book, or film, or song, providing you enter a Trappist monastery and promise to read Dante's 'Inferno' in the original, 'The Epic of Gilgamesh' likewise, and Alexander Pope's 'The Dunciad' .

The last being particularly relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
                          A rather stupid remark, given the context of the thread....
                          I mean in every thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X