The foundation of modern christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The foundation of modern christianity

The rise of Christianity is directly linked to Emperor Constantine converion to Christianity and formation of the Roman Catholic Church. All Christian sects are offshoots of the Catholic church. The trouble is did Constantine really convert to christian or did he simply convert christianity to pagan worship in the form of saints. There are saints that correspond to the greek and roman lesser gods. People pray to saints as they would a lesser god.

My question is would'nt this pervision of christianity make all christian religions corrupt and false religions?

That's not to say that there was no moses, jesus and etc.

But it is to say that the bible and chrisitianity have probably undergone pagan tampering.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

~~~
    Last edited by our_man; January 18, 2015, 14:40.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Easter/Ostara is another.

Comment

Well, obviously, Pax, what early Christians believed has no relevance these days. Martin Luther has taught us that whatever you pull out of your ass while reading the Bible is whatever Jesus actually meant.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Luther.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            Well, obviously, Pax, what early Christians believed has no relevance these days. Martin Luther has taught us that whatever you pull out of your ass while reading the Bible is whatever Jesus actually meant.
            Original point. Bible has been tampered with. Original recipe poisoned!!!
            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Does ANY so-called-christian actually do what Jesus says in the bible?

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Most Christians do what Jesus says. He says to accept the fact that you are a sinner, try not to sin and ask for forgiveness for said sins. You do not have to stop sinning.

Comment

I don't think that Constantine had much to do with the concept of saints. He did encourage the church leaders to come together and hammer out a common doctrine.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                    Does ANY so-called-christian actually do what Jesus says in the bible?

-Jam
                    No.

Comment

Re: The foundation of modern christianity

Originally posted by Pax Africanus
                      The rise of Christianity is directly linked to Emperor Constantine converion to Christianity and formation of the Roman Catholic Church. All Christian sects are offshoots of the Catholic church. The trouble is did Constantine really convert to christian or did he simply convert christianity to pagan worship in the form of saints. There are saints that correspond to the greek and roman lesser gods. People pray to saints as they would a lesser god.

My question is would'nt this pervision of christianity make all christian religions corrupt and false religions?
                      The LDS do not consider themselves descended from or linked to the Catholic Church. Therefore, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Pax Africanus

Original point. Bible has been tampered with. Original recipe poisoned!!!
                        True. Without a doubt, the people who wrote the Bible inserted their own dogmas in an attempt to explain the parts of Jesus' message that they couldn't understand. The doctrines of atonement and original sin are good examples of this.
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

It is commonly accepted fact that Christainity is a fusion of pagan beliefs with a few original elements.

Comment

Re: Re: The foundation of modern christianity

Originally posted by Verto

The LDS do not consider themselves descended from or linked to the Catholic Church. Therefore, no.
                            Perception and reality are not always the same.

Comment

Where do your sacred texts come from then, if not from the early Christian (=Catholic) priesthood? I suppose you do have gospels that are supposed to be the testimonies of Jesus' followers?
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X