No announcement yet.

Oerdin's Iraq thread - Continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote]Last night around 8pm a mortar landed in the parking lot in front of my palace./quote]

man I'd love to be able to refer to something as my palace.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Smiley,

Don't think you want to be where he is.
      papa bear

Comment

• Sheep meat, yum! Planning on having gyros?
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
          how the hell can they fire 2 rpgs and miss both on vehicles not moving? Do they have some kind of improvised rpgs or are they just not trained to handle it, or what do you think?
          They were probably nervous as hell and didn't bother to aim correctly otherwise people on my end would have died.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Smiley
            Last night around 8pm a mortar landed in the parking lot in front of my palace./quote]

man I'd love to be able to refer to something as my palace.
            Ok, so it's not really mine. I guess since it belonged to Saddam the Iraqi government owns it but the US Army took it fair and square during a war and it just so happens that I've squatted in it.

Comment

• Yep, you marked the territory, dude!
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Yesterday I saw something which is often talked about but almost never seen. Elphantitus. That's right the strange medical condition where parts of the body swell and become disgustingly enlarged. I was standing out guarding the vehicles while CA went in to have a meeting with the provencial Agricultural Minister when an elderly man walked up to me. He was walking kind of bow legged and slowly like it hurt him to walk but he came up to me and said hello. I shoke his hand and then the man handed me several pieces of paper which had English writting on it. As I read the papers I noticed that the man began to cry and I had no idea way. The papers were medical forms from the clinic on the near by American military base which said the guy had elephantitus but which did not detail the specific part of the body that was effected; there was also a perscription for anti-biotics folded in with the other papers. While I read the papers the man continued to cry and he explained to my translater that he was a very poor man who could not afford to pay for his medicine. To my astonishment the man then grabbed his nuts through his dashdasha (an Arab type of men's dress which looks similiar to a Victorian men's PJs). His scrotum was badly swollen and his nuts were nearly the size of kiwi fruit.

It was no wonder the guy was crying. He must have been in terrible pain to have such a sensitive part of his body swell up like that. I felt so bad for the guy I gave him $20 and told him to go buy his anti-biotics. After he left I remembered that I shoke his hand and so I made sure to use copious amounts of hand sanitizing lotion. I figured it was better safe then sorry.

Comment

• Don't worry. Elephantitus is a parasite and usually is not transmitted through hand shakes.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I didn't think so but...

Comment

• Isn't the Army looking for a few good men with big, swinging balls?

If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

• Unfortunatley I have other obligations at the moment.
                        Attached Files
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I can't blame you Oerdin, I would have done the same thing, very likely.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Oerdin,

Hope you are okay. We miss hearing from you and hope for the best.

Monk
                            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Oerdin is OK, but not in a position to post any updates for now.
                              papa bear

Comment

• Good to hear. Thanks.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X