• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oerdin's Iraq thread - Continued

And let the tale continue.

The old thread is at...

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Well, let me jump in here. Inaugurate this spiffy clean thread.

Why do "we" only assassinate/capture the top dog ?
    Why not just identify the top 10 or 100 and whack them all at once, wherever "we're" whacking ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Are you talking about Sadr? The reason we haven't come looking for Sadr is because he has holed himself up in the Imam Ali Mosque which happens to be the Shi'a equivalent of the Vatican. If the mosque gets destroyed or damaged then just about every Shi'a in the world would be enraged. There is the added problem that intel reports have said Sadr has rigged the mosque to explode if we storm the city just so he can blame its destruction upon the evil infidels.

Does that sound like something a man of god would do?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't see where I mentioned a name.

Still, the Imam Ali Mosque would seem to be the ungodly.
        Are they not the one's putting innocents in peril ?

Again, just expanding on your proposition.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

For that comment about all the lefties coming out of the wordwork to blame every soldier for torture:

US television network CBS broadcast images of American troops mistreating Iraqi prisoners, saying an army investigation had found "systemwide" problems in the handling of captured Iraqis.

Army investigation and systemwide. That's an authoritative source and a rather damning statement on their part.

But feel free to blame me.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Even if there are systemwide problems that doesn't mean they are on the magnitude of what happened in those photographs.

Secondly there was a sweeping investigation back in January so it may be that alot of the violations have been cleared up.

And finally there seems to be alot of fingerpointed going on between the reserves and the active duty military intelligence.

You certainly enjoy reporting the news though. A victory for your team right?
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              Not that I like Sadr much, but look at what your own leader is doing and saying in God's name.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Just a PSA:

If you want to save the first part of this thread for posterity, do it yourself, now, because the off-topic archives are strictly temporary.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                  Just a PSA:

If you want to save the first part of this thread for posterity, do it yourself, now, because the off-topic archives are strictly temporary.
                  I have made an MS Word file of the essentials from it and removed the spam. It's available for download on the last page of the other thread.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

No spam?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Storm the city?

Whatever happened to clean little assassination? A .50 cal sniper weapon is effective out to 2km.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Are you talking about Sadr? The reason we haven't come looking for Sadr is because he has holed himself up in the Imam Ali Mosque which happens to be the Shi'a equivalent of the Vatican. If the mosque gets destroyed or damaged then just about every Shi'a in the world would be enraged. There is the added problem that intel reports have said Sadr has rigged the mosque to explode if we storm the city just so he can blame its destruction upon the evil infidels.

David Koresh? Better not let the ATF handle this one.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          Just a PSA:

Good point. Chemical Ollie made a nice word document out of it which I have downloaded and e-mailed to myself. Now the whole thing will be preserved.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            For that comment about all the lefties coming out of the wordwork to blame every soldier for torture:
                            I didn't say all the lefties were coming out but I did not that numerous lefties have come out to blame the soldiers. I took perticular notice of Sava's comment that the US was no better then Saddam and commited similiar crimes.

US television network CBS broadcast images of American troops mistreating Iraqi prisoners, saying an army investigation had found "systemwide" problems in the handling of captured Iraqis.

Army investigation and systemwide. That's an authoritative source and a rather damning statement on their part.
                            I guess it depends upon who you are talking to. U.S. denies widespread abuse at prison in Iraq

Comment

My convoy got pushed back yet another day so I'll have a few more hours of internet time. Also I just found out that our company commander's vehicle got hit by and IED on their way back to Tikrit after they dropped us off in Baghdad. The IED was buried in the road and they drove right over it. Both the CO and his driver were injured in the blast. They both had shrapnel in their legs and their ear drums were damaged by the sound of the explosion. Luckily, both should recover without long term health problems. Still it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X