X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking what Whaleboy posted.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Tillman's sacrifice isn't any greater than any other, but, personally, I think his loss is. It takes a very well grounded, thoughtful, and courageous person to walk away from money like that, knowing that what he has chosen may kill him, and I find it thoroughly tragic that the loss of a person like that occured. I could be wrong about him, and I understand that. Just my opinion.
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        Why exactly does this one rate any more (or less) attention than any other KIA?
        Because more people knew him, and took an interest in him.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

* GePap put on his flame retardant suite after seeing whaleboy's post
          He'd have to put a little more effort into his stupidity in order to get more than a light tan. Mainly because it's such an obvious troll.
          Well come on! Millions of dollars is good. Getting shot at for some fallacious little war and a piece of fabric is a plainly ridiculous decision. Such thinking escapes me, I think these people should have their heads examined.

Sava: We have that kind of relationship
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

What an idiot
            yes you are whaleboy
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

wow shi, you sure are clever
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Tillman sounds like a decent sort of fellow — just like the roughly 700 other U.S. soldiers killed between Afghanistan and Iraq.

Do you really want to honor Tillman, Sloww? Then let his deeds stand without the "heroic" commentary. I'm sure it'd be something Tillman would appreciate.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

yes you are whaleboy
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    There's a difference in someone who joins the service because that's about their only option.

There's a difference in someone who plays weekend warrior and gets caught with his pants down.

Then there's Tillman who had it made and walked away from it all.
                    If you don't see that, Michael, then you don't.
                    You can sit there with a stupid look on your face like Sava does.
                    That's a really sh!ty post sloww Tillman made the EXACT same sacrifice as any number of Army or Marine deaths. He didnt give up any more than those that had families back here. I'm sorry that he died, but not any more sorry than to see any other army or marine casuality. Sure he gave up a lot but dont you ****ing dare take anything away from anyone else just because he ran fast and could have made alot of money. There are lots of them out that could have gotten out of going but didnt and had a hell of a lot more reasons to stay here then ****ing money.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Spray relax

I think he was an idiot to choose a life of state-sponsored murder and daily risk over a few million dollars. I would choose living in the gutter over the former. It sucks when people die, no matter what side, but imo, you're an idiot if you get yourself into that situation, the reasons ultimately having the same worth as the dirt you're bleeding in.

Comment

The anti-taliban war made sense. If only the admin would had put all efforts into that, and not side-stepped into Iraq, I would likely still be pro-Bush. But he's not that smart, is he?
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Elvis Presley
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Comment

All people who make the decision to fight for their country in the armed forces

Comment

**** elvis
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X