Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's official. kerry has no chance to win...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's official. kerry has no chance to win...

My parents are staunch democrats. They haven't voted for a republican in over 15 years, and now they are going to vote for bush. If they will vote for him, I don't see how kerry could possibly win...
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Hmm, cause 2 votes won't make a difference even in a battleground state?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Nice one.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

i think i was trying to establish the potential for a trend, not say that two votes are going to decide the election, but whatever
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I'll probably be voting for Kerry, so there's no way that he could possibly lose.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Re: it's official. kerry has no chance to win...

Originally posted by Kaak
            My parents are staunch democrats. They haven't voted for a republican in over 15 years, and now they are going to vote for bush. If they will vote for him, I don't see how kerry could possibly win...
            Haven't voted republican in over 15 years... translation: they voted for Ronnie. Which would make them Reagan Democrats.

While there certainly were a lot of those, I would think this means they fail to qualify as "staunch" democrats.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              Hmm, cause 2 votes won't make a difference even in a battleground state?
              Maybe but if Kaak's situation occurs for a lot of people then it could make a difference.
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

So if we find a story of two people that are staunch republican lanning to vote for Kerry, all is right?

Comment

What's their reasoning Kaak? Brain damage?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

On the Other Hand

My father is as rock-ribbed Republican as they come. He's voted republican in every presidential election since he could first vote in 1952. This year he's voting for Kerry.

I'm a white, middle aged, college educated, fairly well off, life long Republican, and I too am voting for Kerry.

George W. Bush's use of the political, economic, and military power of the United States to pursue a personal vendetta in Iraq is contrary to our national interest and absolutely inexcusable.
                    Old posters never die.
                    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

There ya go - there's your two. All is well.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

So the whole election now verges on whomever can now come with their disaffected party members first!

come on people get cracking!

On a complete sidenote- my famly, even though we are all democracts, recieve all these republican party letters, we got a free pic of Bush the elder for his 80th birthday, we got the "republican party census", and a host of other fundraising pieces-like invitations to dine with Cheney and the pioneers if we only give so much money. It is all sent to a non-existent human being (under my mothers middle name and last name)..And all of this cause ym stepdad's company "asked" everyone to donate a few hundred dollars to the Pataki campaing in 2002.

It's all very interesting.

Comment

No need to fear everyone! I am still voting for Bush... all is right with the world.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

:vomit:

Comment

Yup...we though for a moment you might be a Larouche fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X