Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Driving in Paris is a real adventure.

Comment

Yes, I will have to check out details of getting to Paris...funnily enough now I don't think there is much in it between getting to Paris and going up to Hull to see my parents
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I recall that no insurance company will pay out if the damage was caused whilst on the Arc de Triomphe roundabout.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, Parisian drivers are completely nuts...not only that, they are all on the wrong side of the road
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've been in Paris for a week with my car in '93. I'm happy I got away with only a small dent (inflicted by unknown while parking).

NEVER AGAIN!

Comment

And I thought London was bad enough
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

How do you fit a car into a French parking space. I swear the gaps are smaller than the cars.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Easy, if you know that they don't pull the hand brake.

Comment

Have we agreed on Paris then?
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Glad to have seen this thread (sorry, I'm stuck till tomorrow in Bordeaux with little internet access)

My place is big enough for 15-20 people to party, but it won't be a very high comfort (we can be more if we don't sit, but it sure will suck). I can have 5 people sleep here - maybe 7 if my parents aren't at home at that moment and if they accept to let strangers sleep in theirs- , but the others will either have to bring their own sleeping gear, or to sleep at the hotel.

I'm quite close to Paris centre (about 40 minutes), but I'm not very well connected with the airports. Best thing is to either find somebody else in the area to host some people (I know LdiCesare isn't far from Paris, but I don't know if he'll accept - Ihave no idea of Davout's wherabouts)

As for other places: I can travel to Belgium and to London, but I'll need somebody to host me there, as I can't pay for a hotel.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

About driving in Paris: my place is in the (dense) suburbs, so you may avoid driving in inner Paris altogether, depending where the Eurostar unloads (I have no idea). The driving in my hometown is less frightening than in inner Paris, and you can take the highways to there, which are rather ordinary, because they're clogged.

Depending if my parents are away or not, there could be one or two parking places available just for us. Otherwise, it is possible to park in my hometown, although you won't find immediately.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Actually driving in Paris isn't so bad. I've done it many times and never had any problems. You just have to make sure:

Either be in front of the maniacs or behind Then it is easy. It also helps to have a foreign number plate, they seem to be afraid of foreigners in a car

As it seems it will be Paris (I already spoke with Tamerlin) I can only host one person (small apartment ), maybe two, but has to sleep on the floor.........

Spiffor, I'll PM you about details.

Comment

I think when you drive in Paris you're surrounded by maniacs, so it doesn't matter where you are.

If I decide to join (heavily depends on the date), could somebody book me a not too expensive hotel room not too far from the place we'll meet? I mean, reachable per pedes, while drunk?

Comment

OK, now that we've sort of settled on Paris being the location, it's time to set a date.

I'm all for sometime in the first three weeks of August. How about the rest?

Discuss

Comment

Working...
                                X