This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm willing to live with that.

I still think you're a moron for underestimating Kiprusoff, and your ridiculous assertion that Belfour is probably second only to Brodeur...

Belfour is ****ing OLD. OLD. OLD. Older people have slower reflexes. He's an old man trying to play a young man's game. His regular season performance is average at best, and his post-second performance sucks (2.71 from "one of the best" goalies? Gimmie a break)
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• As long as we all assert that Brodeur is the best playoff goalie in the league today, all of you are forgiven .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Belfour has a 2.17 career playoff average, the second highest shut-outs this year and he still plays better than the kids that'll be playing.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
          Belfour has a 2.17 career playoff average, the second highest shut-outs this year and he still plays better than the kids that'll be playing.
          Even Kipy?

And why are we looking at his career average? The man's old, and the last playoffs he played in was 2.71. He's clearly on a slide in pressure situations.

The only reason the GAA is even that low is because Toronto has good defense.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The last playoffs Turek played in, our backup goalie, he had a 2.05GAA.

Kiprusoff has a 1.91 GAA career playoff record, btw. And that was back when he was a rather bad goalie.

Comment

• My Predictions:
              EAST Quarter-finals
              Tampa Bay vs. Islanders - Tampa in 5
              Boston vs Montreal - Montreal in 6
              Philadelphia vs. New Jersey - New Jersey in 5
              Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 6

WEST Quarter-Finals
              Detroit vs. Nashville - Detroit in 6
              San Jose vs. St. Louis - San Jose in 7
              Vancouver vs. Calgary - Calgary in 6
              Colorado vs. Dallas - Dallas in 7

EAST Semi-Finals
              Tampa Bay vs. Montreal - Tampa in 7
              Toronto vs New Jersey - Toronto in 6

WEST Semi-finals
              Detroit vs. Calgary - Calgary in 7
              San Jose vs. Dallas - Dallas in 7

EAST Conference Finals
              Tampa Bay vs. Toronto - Toronto in 6

WEST Conference Finals
              Dallas vs Calgary - Calgary in 7

FINALS
              Calgary vs Toronto - Toronto in 7

EDIT: I'm not sure about Caglary over Detroit, this is more the heart speaking than the head. If Detroit wins, then they take down the Stars and then lose to Toronto.
              Last edited by Tingkai; April 4, 2004, 22:25.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                Even Kipy?
                The odds are stacked against him because he doesn't have play-off experience, but neither did Giguere.

I think the Flames could go to the cup if Kipy stays hot, but that's a big if. Even if the Flames do make it, they won't win the grail, but you're in for a fun ride.

Originally posted by Asher
                And why are we looking at his career average? The man's old, and the last playoffs he played in was 2.71. He's clearly on a slide in pressure situations.
                You can't look at just one series. The Leafs had a lot of trouble last year. This year they're a far better team. The D is incredible with Leetch being added, McCabe playing smart, and (I never thought I would say this) Calle Johansson is playing great.

The front is deadly with snipers like Sundin, Mogilny, Francis plus Roberts and Nieuwendyk and grinders like Domi. So which line is the other team going to shut down?

Originally posted by Asher
                The only reason the GAA is even that low is because Toronto has good defense.
                That's true for any goalie.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

The last playoffs Turek played in, our backup goalie, he had a 2.05GAA.

Kiprusoff has a 1.91 GAA career playoff record, btw. And that was back when he was a rather bad goalie.
                  That reminds me of a goalie that finished the season with a 1.95 GAA in 65 games. Then in the play-offs, Turek and the Blues went down in one series.

And Kippy's playoff experience is three games and seven minutes of another game.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

• MWHC predicts the Red Wings will take it all. I see them doing it in 18 games.

Comment

• Totally Correct Predictions:

(Bank-Takeable!)

WEST

Detroit over Nashville in 4
                      St. Louis over San Jose in 7
                      Calgary over Vancouver in 6
                      Colorado over Dallas in 6 (Sakic & Forsberg make the difference, though I do think Turco is a strong, strong tender.)

EAST

Tampa over Islanders in 5
                      Boston over Montreal in 5
                      New Jersey over Philly in 7 (Brodeur...)
                      Toronto over Ottawa in 6

ROUND 2 (That's right, I'm goin' there...)

Detroit over St. Louis in 5
                      Calgary over Colorado in 7

New Jersey over Tampa in 6
                      Toronto over Boston in 6

CONFERENCE FINALS

Detroit over Calgary in 6

Toronto over Jersey in 7

STANLEY CUP FINALS

Detroit over Toronto in 7

Brodeur wins the Conn Smythe.
                      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Also: Everyone must immediately cease calling Miika Kiprusoff "Kipy". It's so, so lame. Especially when you can call him by the much more natural nickname of "Kipper". Thank you.
                        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

• Brodeur wins the Conn Smythe.

WOW... a loser in the Conference Finals wins the Conn Smythe. That would be... well pretty incredible .

--

My (biased) look:

EAST Quarter-finals
                          Tampa Bay vs. Islanders - Tampa in 5
                          Boston vs Montreal - Montreal in 7
                          Philadelphia vs. New Jersey - New Jersey in 6
                          Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 7

WEST Quarter-Finals
                          Detroit vs. Nashville - Detroit in 5
                          San Jose vs. St. Louis - San Jose in 6
                          Vancouver vs. Calgary - Vancouver in 6
                          Colorado vs. Dallas - Dallas in 7

EAST Semi-Finals
                          Tampa Bay vs. Montreal - Tampa in 7
                          Toronto vs. New Jersey - New Jersey in 6

WEST Semi-finals
                          Detroit vs. Dallas - Detroit in 5
                          Vancouver vs. San Jose - San Jose in 7

EAST Conference Finals
                          Tampa Bay vs. New Jersey - New Jersey in 6

WEST Conference Finals
                          Detroit vs. San Jose - San Jose in 7

FINALS
                          New Jersey vs. San Jose - New Jersey in 5

Conn Smythe: Scott Niedermeyer, NJD
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Brodeur wins the Conn Smythe.

WOW... a loser in the Conference Finals wins the Conn Smythe. That would be... well pretty incredible .
                            That was just a bone thrown in the general direction of the otherwise downtrodden and hopeless Devils fans.

(The Conn-Smythe will actually go to... Stevey frickin' Y.)

Comment

I'm willing to live with that.

I still think you're a moron for underestimating Kiprusoff, and your ridiculous assertion that Belfour is probably second only to Brodeur...

Belfour is ****ing OLD. OLD. OLD. Older people have slower reflexes. He's an old man trying to play a young man's game. His regular season performance is average at best, and his post-second performance sucks (2.71 from "one of the best" goalies? Gimmie a break)
                              You are clearly insane.

If you asked any coach which goalie he would want in the playoffs, it would be Brodeur and then Belfour. Not some untried hack like Kiprusoff.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Brodeur I could see, Belfour I do not see. He's simply not that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X