X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    What's your view on the veteran thing.

Well it definetly helps. It's not exclusive though. Every once in a while a team without experience will make it through (like Anaheim last year). More often than not, the team with the experience in the playoffs will go far.
    In terms of actually winning it is a slam dunk. Look at the last ten winners back to 1994 and all of the last five.

Though, I think there is a certain 'point' (which I can't really place) where the veteran leadership of teams equal out. For example, even though the Devils may have more playoff experience (in terms of games) than Colorado, I don't think that means the Devils will necessarily go farther. Basically, I think there is an 'experience floor'.
    I think you are right. You need some, but as long as you have enough, more is not necessarily better.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

In terms of actually winning it is a slam dunk.

Winning the big prize, yes, but not always about playoff success. I mean, a team can make it to the Conference Championships and have it be considered a great playoffs. Anaheim last year had a successful playoffs.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sure, but winning is everything.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well yes... but I was trying to be nice to fans of Toronto, like yourself .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

But winning is everything for us, that's why anything less than a Cup leads to calls for the coach's head.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well yes... which means you've had nothing to cheer about since '67 .

Comment

Yeah, but the Leafs had Harold Ballard as owner for much of that time. Now, for the first time in 30 years, we finally have ownership that is prepared to spend money to get the right players.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well you can keep saying that if it'll make you feel better .

Money isn't everything.

Comment

It is when the owner keeps trading away all the good players.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

That's just incompetence .

Comment

Well, obviously... we are talking about the leafs.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          That's just incompetence .
                          No he was quite rational. He knew that he'd sell out even if he fielded a team of garden gnomes, so he basically did.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well, I'm going out for the night, but before I do, I just have to say:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OILERS! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!

I have faith.

YEAH!
                            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

HAHAHAHA

It's always nice to have a dream.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Canucks vs Flames, first round.

Who will win, and by how much?
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X