This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoA, your updates are the best!
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• From today's Toronto Star.
      Attached Files
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• hmmm

Montreal gets a deserved win -- I thought they could only take Boston on Theodore's back but so far Raycroft has outgoaltended Theodore and they are still in the series . .. If Theodore can get his head out of his behind . . .

Toronto-Ottawa I think the war of attrition will continue-- I see this being a loong series

Calgary-Vancouver--- Kiprisoff has been good but the Vancouver tenders have been just as good-- So far I say goaltending is a draw and better Vancouver scoring has led to their success

Detroit will take out Nashville-- Vokun stole a game but can only keep itup for so long

I don't know what is going on with the devils-- Philly seems to be showing they can win if they can only get some goaltending

The Islanders have suprised me-- I thought Tampa might crush them

san Jose is looking tough

Can't wait for tonight
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Brodeur. Seriously. Get your act together.
          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Observation: What is up with ESPN2? I mean, I've come to accept the relative crappiness of their announcers (although I don't mind when they have their A-list guys on there, like Clement and Davidson), but what the hell kind of cameras are they using? It looks like Jersey and Philly are playing in some dimly-lit barn two clicks outside of Moose Jaw or something. When I flip back to CBC's coverage of Leafs-Sens, my eyes nearly melt from the transition to the crisp, clean sheen of the ice contrasted with the speedy black'n'reds and white'n'blues.

Now, maybe it's just the fact that TSN is picking up a feed of ESPN, and that lessens the quality... maybe. I just don't know.

Also: Cherry was great tonight.
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

• That's priceless, joncha!

The Leafs series are always long grinders - that's why they never last - those old timers can't keep it up.

The Canucks play differently with Hedberg in net - this changes everything. Probably for the better against Calgary if last night was any clue, but after that it's hard to say.

Who da thunk all Brodeur's success was Stevens and the trap, not talent?

Comment

• Eddie! Eddie! Edddie!
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• Leafs 2 Senators 0

That means the Sens haven't scored in nearly seven periods of hockey.

Another Nieuwendyk goal (assisted by Francis) and Sundin scored on a breakaway.

Sens can eat ****!
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Eddie has kept the Sens scoreless for 138:21 minutes.

Not bad for an old geezer, eh.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by cinch
                      Observation: What is up with ESPN2? I mean, I've come to accept the relative crappiness of their announcers (although I don't mind when they have their A-list guys on there, like Clement and Davidson), but what the hell kind of cameras are they using? It looks like Jersey and Philly are playing in some dimly-lit barn two clicks outside of Moose Jaw or something. When I flip back to CBC's coverage of Leafs-Sens, my eyes nearly melt from the transition to the crisp, clean sheen of the ice contrasted with the speedy black'n'reds and white'n'blues.

Now, maybe it's just the fact that TSN is picking up a feed of ESPN, and that lessens the quality... maybe. I just don't know.
                      Nah, it's ESPN crap camera work. They had one game where the pic had a bluish tinge. It took a period to fix it.

The announcing is god awful. Boring as all sh!t. They don't even get excited when someone scores.

The commentary is inane. At the beginning of the first Detriot-Nashville game, one of the announcers said "Brett Hull has more career playoff goals than the entire Nashville team." Well, duh, Nashville was starting it's first playoff game. Tie Domi has more playoff goals than Nashville.
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Speaking of bad announcers... am I the only one who thinks Bob Cole should have been put out to pasture a loooong time ago? Harry Neal is, IMO, the best colour commentator in the game, but Cole is practically incoherent through most of the game. In the rare event that he's not doing a Leafs, he mixes up the players half the time. Is the younger "talent" really that bad?

Comment

• They really need to get Joe Bowen to do HNIC. He and Neale are hilarious. They are the Waldorf and Statler of hockey.

Bowen always brings out the dementia in Neale. He kept referring to one team as the "Hartford Whalers" in one game this season (and it wasn't the Canes).

Anyway, who can beat, "Holy Mackinaw!!"
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                            Speaking of bad announcers... am I the only one who thinks Bob Cole should have been put out to pasture a loooong time ago? Harry Neal is, IMO, the best colour commentator in the game, but Cole is practically incoherent through most of the game. In the rare event that he's not doing a Leafs, he mixes up the players half the time. Is the younger "talent" really that bad?
                            No way! Cole may be a bit old and "soft" in the head, but he's still got that signature HNIC-voice. It ain't time to put him down just yet.

Not that there's anything wrong with Chris Cuthbert. Quite to the contrary: he's awesome. I just feel sorry that he's always paired with that arrogant know-it-all Greg Millen as a colourman.

Now, if you want to talk crappy HNIC announcers: Mark goddamn Lee. Hatred is all I feel for that man.

Comment

• Whats up with Ottawa and their inability to score???

Quite frankly, Ottawa outplayed Toronto pretty badly for much of the game and but for Balfour, it could have been bad for the Leafs.

Despite all logic, I still predict the Sens will rebound and win the series .. . its getting tougher to believe this though if Ottawa can't win when they are playing reasonably well--- you have to figure Toronto has enough talent to outplay Ottawa for a change
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The Sens have got to be frustrated, and the more frustrated they get, the more chances Toronto has of scoring. Meanwhile the Leafs know that Belfour has been winning the games for them. They'll want to step up the scoring pressure on the Sens, and they know they can do it. This series will be over in two games.

Next game, look for a 5-1 Toronto win.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X