Wal-Mart Online Music Store -- WMA, $0.88 for every song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart Online Music Store -- WMA, $0.88 for every song

Is this, and the upcoming Microsoft music store, going to end Apple's reign?

Discuss.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Don't they censor their music though?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Apparently not on the music download site.

Nirvana's "Rape Me", MB20's "Damn", and most of the Third Eye Blind songs off the new album are all uncensored, though have a big red "EXPLICIT" sticker next to them.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

How freakin' odd.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i'm sorry asher, i cannot hear you over THE OBTRUSIVE ADS EMBEDDED IN YOUR GODDAMNED POST.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

What a load of crap, who would want to pay 88 cents for WMA file?
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

This looks to be promising, because it's cheaper and less restrictive than the other services I have seen so far.

But I'm not in the "market"--music dorks plus mass media consumers--even if I were, I wouldn't use this anyway. Anything less than unlimited burns and unlimited backups plus right to sell is a violation of our freedoms.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                Apparently not on the music download site.

Nirvana's "Rape Me", MB20's "Damn", and most of the Third Eye Blind songs off the new album are all uncensored, though have a big red "EXPLICIT" sticker next to them.
                I did notice that Blink 182's latest album is the edited version though.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                  What a load of crap, who would want to pay 88 cents for WMA file?
                  I suppose it depends what kind of quality we are talking.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Oh, and the editing too. Wal-Mart sucks.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

From the website:

What does CD-quality mean?
                      CD-quality means that the sound quality of the music downloads you buy are of similar quality as those you would get on a physical CD. When you play your music or burn it to a CD, you will get great sound quality that is similar to the quality of the physical CD.
                      "Similar" to CD quality.

WTF does that mean?!
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

YES!

Buy from Wal-Mart... support torture and child labor in CHINA!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey I support child labor. Just think of all those years wasted playing when you could have been working
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            YES!

Buy from Wal-Mart... support torture and child labor in CHINA!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X